Amiko Mini Combo Help

Laher

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, but certainly not a newbie in terms of flashing boxes etc !

My dad has an amiko minihd combo which runs on vm. The server in it has ran out and the local giftman is asking for far too much to get it renewed.

Originally the box's menu was locked, which wouldn't let me do anything. I decided to put in a usb stick with
AMIKO MiniHD Combo Galaxy S 1.5.79 by Dekolte​

By navigating to the usb by clicking folder onto the remote, I was able to upgrade [SOFTWARE ONLY] to the above version and the box rebooted. THIS SHOULD HELP PEOPLE WITH LOCKED MENUS. YOU CAN UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE ONLY TO 1.5.79 TO UNLOCK MENU PASSWORD >> NOTE *SOFTWARE ONLY* THEN DOWNGRADE TO SOFTWARE OF CHOICE TO VIEW MENU

The software
AMIKO MiniHD Combo Galaxy S 1.5.79 by Dekolte
wouldn't allow me to watch any channels, but now I could get into the menu ! Upon reading the forums more, I was made aware this version was gimped and downgrading for other users was extremely difficult. Luckily I had upgraded the software only. I then decided to downgrade to the earliest version :
AMIKO MiniHD Combo emu 1.4.49 [SOFTWARE ONLY AGAIN]​

My basic channels were back up and running now and I could access the menu!

The problem I have now is I can't access the net client config page, as it has a 8 digit password put across it.

I'm assuming I will have to upgrade the bootloader and software, wiping everything that is on the box and start from scratch.

My two basic questions are :

Which software version would be the best to have on the box for vm, for easy scanning of channels and setting up c line ?

If I upgrade via the box/menu, will it wipe the 8 digit password that is currently on the net client config page, considering I will be upgrading ALL SW + Bootloader

Any help much appreciated and apologies if this already has been answered.

reflash with new firmware AMIKO MiniHD Combo not one with Galaxy,just amiko mini combo from.yes needs to be reflashed were did u buy it.

Hi I have flashed to ALL SW + BOOTLOADER to

AMIKO MiniHD Combo v.1.4.49 emu

I'm now able to access both menu and net client config !! Hooray :grin: (This is great stuff for me, since I don't have a R232 cable).

I am not able to scan for any channels, and blind scan is failing.

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 AM ----------

I have now updated to
AMIKO MiniHD Combo 1.5.73 emu [SOFTWARE ONLY] - don't want to risk updating bootloader to newest version.​

I can now see the UK Cable Scan option, but again not able to scan for any channels. I can only pick up 13 channels, most of them starting with DL_

(I assume these channels are for software only for boxes)

I'm in the west yorkshire area, batley to be precise, and am able to see the green bar at the bottom, but unable to actually pick up full channel list.

Can anybody help me ?

Box is over 2 yrs old and was bought of a local "trader", but I won't be using him now, once I get the channels loaded and c line in :grin:

Thank you

---------- Post Merged at 09:17 AM ----------

Sorry guys for the triple posting,

But in the usual place, Cable Installation, was able to scan for all channels by manually putting in frequency/symbol rate

I have now a full channel list, access to menus, and net client config. (ALL PASSWORDS REMOVED!)

All this was done without a R232 cable.

If anybody need helps with this, I basically did these steps :

Loaded USB with
AMIKO MiniHD Combo Galaxy S 1.5.79 by Dekolte. Clicked the folder button on remote, to bring up USB. Navigated to settings tab, clicked on firmware, and pressed green button to upgrade [SOFTWARE ONLY]​

Updated SOFTWARE ONLY to :

This allowed me to access menu, I then upgraded the box to : Amiko MiniHD Combo 1.2.64

Updated ALL SW + BOATLOADER to : Amiko MiniHD Combo 1.2.64

I then could access net client config page. Go there at this stage, and delete all old servers that are there, or replace with default server values (192.168.1.1). If you do not do this, when you upgrade to newer firmware, it will become locked again.

After deleting all OLD servers, you can now upgrade to 1.5.64 (Emu version), which is currently the newest on the amiko website.

I UPDATED SOFTWARE ONLY Again to 1.5.64, to keep the OLD BOOTLOADER INTACT.

I then setup channels and now can access the net client config page !!

Now I just need a C line, and my ol' man will be happy :)

P.s. The net config page still has a 8 digit password on it, but I don't think I need that do I ? I only need the net client config page access ?​

Last edited:
Can I just ask what you think is too expensive, cable lines go for about £80 a year so they are a lot more than sat lines

£15/20 for a year???
Maybe on ebay mate but they dont last a year.
They freeze and glitch
You get fed up buy another probably on ebay again
So theres £40 then you come here and pay beetween £50/80 and get the year.
Works out alot more in the long run.

I'm trialing it, and see how it goes :p.

And not off ebay, but a private website, with user/login. Tells you how much the service has frozen and other stats. Looks to be pretty reliable.

hello guys im new here, ive got an amiko HD8150 but there is no channels on it cann anyone tell me how to set it up, like which firmware should i install and how do it do it? please

Hi I have flashed to ALL SW + BOOTLOADER to

AMIKO MiniHD Combo v.1.4.49 emu

I'm now able to access both menu and net client config !! Hooray :grin: (This is great stuff for me, since I don't have a R232 cable).

I am not able to scan for any channels, and blind scan is failing.

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 AM ----------

I have now updated to
AMIKO MiniHD Combo 1.5.73 emu [SOFTWARE ONLY] - don't want to risk updating bootloader to newest version.​

I can now see the UK Cable Scan option, but again not able to scan for any channels. I can only pick up 13 channels, most of them starting with DL_

(I assume these channels are for software only for boxes)

I'm in the west yorkshire area, batley to be precise, and am able to see the green bar at the bottom, but unable to actually pick up full channel list.

Can anybody help me ?

Box is over 2 yrs old and was bought of a local "trader", but I won't be using him now, once I get the channels loaded and c line in :grin:

Thank you

---------- Post Merged at 09:17 AM ----------

Sorry guys for the triple posting,

But in the usual place, Cable Installation, was able to scan for all channels by manually putting in frequency/symbol rate

I have now a full channel list, access to menus, and net client config. (ALL PASSWORDS REMOVED!)

All this was done without a R232 cable.

If anybody need helps with this, I basically did these steps :

Loaded USB with
AMIKO MiniHD Combo Galaxy S 1.5.79 by Dekolte. Clicked the folder button on remote, to bring up USB. Navigated to settings tab, clicked on firmware, and pressed green button to upgrade [SOFTWARE ONLY]​

Updated SOFTWARE ONLY to :

This allowed me to access menu, I then upgraded the box to : Amiko MiniHD Combo 1.2.64

Updated ALL SW + BOATLOADER to : Amiko MiniHD Combo 1.2.64

I then could access net client config page. Go there at this stage, and delete all old servers that are there, or replace with default server values (192.168.1.1). If you do not do this, when you upgrade to newer firmware, it will become locked again.

After deleting all OLD servers, you can now upgrade to 1.5.64 (Emu version), which is currently the newest on the amiko website.

I UPDATED SOFTWARE ONLY Again to 1.5.64, to keep the OLD BOOTLOADER INTACT.

I then setup channels and now can access the net client config page !!

Now I just need a C line, and my ol' man will be happy :)

P.s. The net config page still has a 8 digit password on it, but I don't think I need that do I ? I only need the net client config page access ?​

ive tried dowing this and my box come up with boot loads incompable. tbh this box way hard sort out than my xsarius was. i thought it would be easier but its way hard er. thing of selling it and getting a box that has vix on it

ive tried the firmware from there and it wont load something about boot loader not compable. and system in wrong mode. driving me nut tbh.

Back