Amiko Mini Combo-strange tuning issues??

space54

Hi everyone-not posted for a good while!

I live roughly half way between Manchester and Aston Under Lyne, but fortunately the tuning details for Man 2 and Ashton are the same, ie net id 410.6, synbol rate 6952. (Man 1 which has a symbol rate of 6887 doesn't find anything.)

However when I scan the Amiko many channels, particularly low frequency HD channels eg 122.7 MHz pixellate quite badly and are unwatchable. However, talking to friends and neighbours I have found that they have some channels on different frequencies. Manually scanning a single frequency can often bring up perfect reception, for example 522.7 Mhz gives me sky greats HD and sky sci fi & horror HD BUT what it also does is change the frequency of sky action HD sky showcase HD and sky thriller HD all to 522.7 Mhz also! Now according to green and yellow level and quality bars the picture may be fine, but these "accidentally" retuned channels are now scrambled!! If I retune Action, showcase and thriller to their original frequency of 130.7 MHZ I get them back, BUT I lose greats and sci fi as these have "accidentally" changed to 130.7 and show as scrambled!!

Anyone had similar experience and/or know how to overcome??
Cheers

Back