Amiko mini HD satellite box help needed

Hi everyone,
I currently have the amiko HD mini satellite box which a friend of a friend set up for me with a contract of all sky channels. It was working fine for a couple of months then suddenly all the channels are saying scrambled. Is the server down or is it something else? Also does anyone know any reliable contracts and how do I set it up on the box because I haven't got a clue on how to do the technical part on the box its self.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Jonny

first thing to do is contact your line supplier and see if there is a problem at his end, he might be having a problem that he is trying to fix at the moment.
mine has been down a couple of times in the last 9 months, i e-mailed my supplier he told me he had a problem at his end and within a few hours i was up and running again.
e-mail your supplier it will probably put your mind at rest

Hi gravehead thanks for your reply,
I haven't got any contact info for the supplier because my friend of a friend set it up and I can't get hold of him either. The channels have said scrambled for well over a month now and have been stuck with Freeview. So that's why I have come to tech kings to try learn from someone on how to do it myself and cut out the middle man.

Thanks
Jonny

you will not be able to do it yourself without an active line, i have an amiko box but i am using cable so there will be others on here who will have far more knowledge of the sat side.
request a test line on here and see if that works if it does you will have to invest in a new line nless someone else knows any other way

---------- Post Merged at 02:11 PM ----------

also check that your internet connection is working with the box, try the weather app or youtube if the internet is fine request a test line in the General Satelilte Discussion forum section

I'm out at the minute but will try that when I get home. I thought I would have to get a new line but that's not a problem just want all channels back
Thanks
Jonny

Hi gravehead, YouTube works fine on the box so looks like my internet connection is fine. I have requested a test line on the forum you suggested so will see what happens with. If the satellite box doesn't work out would you be able to advise me about getting a cable box setup, where to buy etc.

Thanks
Jonny

Hi am having same problem with a mates amiko are you manchester area did your mate get it around that area I cannot get hold of his supplier either, phone number not available

Hi Tommy,
My issue is now sorted with the help from a user called alcable send him a message and I'm sure he will help you aswell. Yeah I'm in the Manchester area too.
Thanks

Jonny

Back