Amiko Mini HD SE - Help

Hello people. I'm utterly new to all this so please bear with me and I apologise if I've posted this on the wrong section.

My Dad lives in Runcorn, UK and he recently purchased an Amiko Mini HD SE receiver from someone he knows. Straight out the box it's worked perfectly for him, providing access to many channels including otherwise PPV ones.

He asked me if I'd like one, having seen his in action, I agreed to buy one. Now I was unable to use it straight away because of a problem with the satellite dish on the side of our (rented) house, and I've been working away too.

I've had the dish repaired and last week I setup the Amiko box. However all PPV channels are scrambled. Yet they work on my Dad's unit.

The main difference I can see between us is that my Dad is in a VM area, whereas I'm not so whilst he's using his via cable feed, I'm linking mine up to a satellite dish.

I'm curious as to whether this receiver is only able to be used via a VM feed, and if not, Im curious as to whether I can change any settings in order to get it working off my dish?

The problem however is that the guy my Dad bought these off is currently off work ill (they used to cross paths during each of their working days) and my Dad doesn't have a number for him.

There's an email address on the bottom of the receiver's box however that's not responding either. The same label also includes a box number and date - handwritten.

Can anybody help me getting this receiver working as I'd hoped it would.

Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back