And I thought Halloween was for kids?.

NuTTeR

Now I am all up for halloween and it's traditions, I have kids myself and take them out halloweening and have been out with them earlier this evening BUT so far this evening I have had around 10 call, and 8 out of the 10 have all been over 12 years old!!!, WTF are 12 years old's going round trick or treating in large groups, this would scare the majority of eldly folk into paying them, isn't that bribery when they are at that age, either pay me or else!.

I gladly give to children but great hords of teenagers calling at a home 2 at a time but in the same group is just taking the piss, I just gave out 5 quid in the space of 60 seconds as 2 lots of each group called one after the other, I told the last lot to feck off the cheecky cu#ts.

Now as above to the elderly this would scare them, typlical teenagers taking the piss out of a tradition that is for children, NOT fecking teenagers.

I have now had to start ignoring the knocks so unfortunatley teenagers have spoilt it for the genuine young callers.

Personally I think there should be an age limit on who are allowed to go out trick or treating so that people aren't forced into handing money out to little tw@ts that are taking the piss out of halloween.

Agree with you NuTTeR.We had some young children with there parents, this evening. But also a lot of older kids. Just heard that some kids asked a poor man around the corner from me, for some old timber for bonfire. (The man is a stroke victim) His wife and Daughter helped young lads to get timber from his back garden.
When they left, Daughter’s phone was missing from table. None of the family spotted a thing. Some family and friends followed kids to open field. No sign of the phone and of course they denied any involvement in taking phone. I do know 2 of the young lads
And I would not let them into my home, for any reason.
Police were called, they knew the young lads from experience, but could do nothing
About it. The Daughter put phone on table, while helping. And phone disappeared
Little scum bags.

12 year olds are'nt teenagers ;)

good point, but then you have much older kids that just go round messing it up for the little kiddies, i only saw a young girl and boy out when i was coming home from work. It was so quiet i was hoping no one would jump out from round a corner and crap the living day lights outta me. But NuTTer you do have a point there.

You get the point I was making surely......

Or are you picking at things?.

Try to look at my point rather than pointing out trivial mistakes.

Think you'll find that hill meant it as a joke!

But i must say more fool you for giving them money - no wonder they all told thier mates.

Its now a tradition that is getting bigger in the UK - most mean no harm. I like lots of people buy sweets just incase anyone comes around.

How can you police an age limit on kids having a fun. Plus how do you know the ages of the children??? a 12 yr old these days can be 5ft. My son is 18 and still gets ID's to by 16+ games etc. As for halloween in this area they only knock on doors that either have pumpkins or decorations. So suppose it depends on where you live and the the people react.

But as said by giving out money they are going to tell their mates that someone is giving out "free" money.
In every corner of the world there is always someone child/adlut that is going to spoil it for others - its life unfortunatly.

Yes i see your point, but if you dont want these people to knock dont encourage them.
I understand in the USA its a community thing but they still have thier problems with this and any other event that takes place. You could go on to say christmas carolers should not knock.

Thats my 2penneth worth on the subject :)

But i must say more fool you for giving them money - no wonder they all told thier mates.

Nothing to do with more fool you, "trick or treat" I can do without 12 year olds outside my house throwing eggs at the windows or scratching my cars for the sake of a couple of quid which was my point, elderly folk would have felt even more pressure to give to these idiots that are taking the mick out of something that is meant for children.

How can you police an age limit on kids having a fun. Plus how do you know the ages of the children???

The same way there is a law on 12+ 15+ films or selling tabbacco or alcohol to underage people?, and as for there age, I know the kids from the area and they are a few years above my son in school ;).

In every corner of the world there is always someone child/adlut that is going to spoil it for others - its life unfortunatly.
Yes your right but this is the rant room and that's what it's here for, to RANT so that's what I was doing :).

Yes rant away lol!

But if you had given them sweets instead of money they might not have told their mates to knock on your door.

As for the law yes shops can stop people buying stuff due to items being marked on tills etc not to be sold or for shops to check id, but people knocking on your door you cant do nothing about other than ignore them, which is probably the best thing.

If im not expecting anyone or a parcel etc i never answer my door. If i dont answer they cant try n sell me something or ask me for anything! :)

Back