Android Box Or Mag Box

leejon123 i want the best set up for watching live sports HD Quality / also good EPG and must have recording facility im not really bothered about the cost to be honest i just want something that works well

Then you should deffo get a cable box, they start at around £100 for 1080 resolution boxes, cable feed pulls in higher resolutions than this so you can buy a higher end box that will support 2160 native & 4k but these will cost more £200+ just be sure to buy one that has 2 cable tuners (the better boxes you can interchange tuners or add more tuners)

Once you have your box of choice you need to add a cable sub, this can be requested on this site.
setup can be tricky if your new but plenty of help & guides here on TK thanks to decent members uploading their backups.

Once up & running you will have everything you had before Sly went bellyup & have HD back :)
you dont need to stop there...you can then add an IPTV sub to your new cable box...you will then have both systems on one box :)
as an added bonus your h2s could be used as a multiroom box for the IPTV side giving you an extra room to watch in when squabbles over who watches what start

eejon123 i want the best set up for watching live sports HD Quality / also good EPG and must have recording facility im not really bothered about the cost to be honest i just want something that works well

Then you should deffo get a cable box, they start at around £100 for 1080 resolution boxes, cable feed pulls in higher resolutions than this so you can buy a higher end box that will support 2160 native & 4k but these will cost more £200+ just be sure to buy one that has 2 cable tuners (the better boxes you can interchange tuners or add more tuners)

Once you have your box of choice you need to add a cable sub, this can be requested on this site.
setup can be tricky if your new but plenty of help & guides here on TK thanks to decent members uploading their backups.

Once up & running you will have everything you had before Sly went bellyup & have HD back :)
you dont need to stop there...you can then add an IPTV sub to your new cable box...you will then have both systems on one box :)
as an added bonus your h2s could be used as a multiroom box for the IPTV side giving you an extra room to watch in when squabbles over who watches what start

Something like
Zgemma Star H5 Combo DVB-S2 + DVB-T2/C HD Digital TV Receiver H. 265 Hevc ?

Personally, just for IPTV i'd go for a mag254. some don't like the interface but performance wise it will blow any other box out of the water when it comes to IPTV. Only downside is it is for IPTV only, you can't add apps like kodi, mobdro etc. For that you'd need an android box.
If you were so inclined, you could purchase the mag for IPTV and an amazon firestick for kodi etc, that would cost under £100.
You'd just need to add an IPTV sub for the mag box.

Im torn between the Zgemma H7C & the Octagon SF4008 (think the Oct may win but its soooo ugly)
I will take a look at both boxes m8 and decide which box to go for,that's the easy part buying the box I'm dreading trying to set the thing up I'll probably be still asking your advice this time next year,,thanks again you have been a great help and made my mind up :)

leejon123: both the boxes I am interested in are not on sale yet, Im thinking of getting a sample H7c then buy the Oct SF4008 when in stock so I may have an image for both by the time you are ready to set yours up...
Box choice can be hard work, the question should be....what do you require from your system & let that point you to the system that will work best for your needs, many only want to be able to receive the channels so most replies are aimed at quick & cheap options....you can go spending crazy money IF you want 'it all' & in loads of rooms... box/device type, package type, quality of image, function & facilities all things that should be decided by what you want from your viewing rather than cost imo.

With you already having a VM connection going andriod would be a backwards step imo which is why I suggest staying with an Enigma2 cable box.

Last edited:
leejon123: both the boxes I am interested in are not on sale yet, Im thinking of getting a sample H7c then buy the Oct SF4008 when in stock so I may have an image for both by the time you are ready to set yours up...
Box choice can be hard work, the question should be....what do you require from your system & let that point you to the system that will work best for your needs, many only want to be able to receive the channels so most replies are aimed at quick & cheap options....you can go spending crazy money IF you want 'it all' & in loads of rooms... box/device type, package type, quality of image, function & facilities all things that should be decided by what you want from your viewing rather than cost imo.

With you already having a VM connection going andriod would be a backwards step imo which is why I suggest staying with an Enigma2 cable box.
yeah your right m8 i will go cable box i will let you know how o get on thanks,again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Hi m8 iptv is already on my zgemma but there is no epg and no recording facility.i really want to go down the cable route get a cable box and sub they run a whole lot smoother,I'm taking my time b4 I rush into it I want the best setup I can get my hands on

Last edited by a moderator:
A mags a million times better than any emulator. If you simply want a box for iptv choose mag
If you want for many vod choose top end android
If you want H2s replacement choose cable tuner like H2H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you after a device that runs iptv best go for below :(y)::(y)::(y)::(y):

28bf8nr.jpg

yeah they do seem a fantastic box for iptv but I'm wanting to get a good cable box now due to the current situation with satelite

If u have a Samsung or LG smart tv , they have the smart iptv app built in and work flawlessly, I've been using mine nearly a yr now perfect tv on wall nothing plugged into it iptv with a wireless connection, I do have virgin 300mb internet tho so it streams all channels about 50/60mbs so perfect

If u have a Samsung or LG smart tv , they have the smart iptv app built in and work flawlessly, I've been using mine nearly a yr now perfect tv on wall nothing plugged into it iptv with a wireless connection, I do have virgin 300mb internet tho so it streams all channels about 50/60mbs so perfect

hi m8 I'm torn between getting a top of range cable box or like you mention I might just get myself a smart tv.can I ask how much your virgin 300mb is

hi m8 I'm torn between getting a top of range cable box or like you mention I might just get myself a smart tv.can I ask how much your virgin 300mb is

No probs mate I have virgin medium tv package with TiVo box( which never used ) virgin telephone and 300mb with superhub 3 for £68 month

No probs mate I have virgin medium tv package with TiVo box( which never used ) virgin telephone and 300mb with superhub 3 for £68 month

i upgraded today with virgin to 300mb broadband only no other package should of been 47 pound per month but had a deal on and i got it for 42

leejon123 as you have VM bb no need to even look towards iptv (unless its for the 3pm kickoffs but the season has finished now anyway)
You are far better to go the cable box route as only the encription is cleared via the net rather than full streaming of everything!

I also have VM bb & have been testing iptv with mixed results depending on the device used but none are as smooth as VM bb with a cable box & cable sub, with IPTV you can receive FHD which is higher than a standard cable box putting out 1080 although you can buy higher resolution cable boxes IF you need 2k/4k.
The better cable boxes will also record one channel while watching another channel at the same time (something thats not so easy on IPTV without paying more)

IF you have VM bb then a cable box is the no1 one way to go (you can always add IPTV to your cable box IF needed to get the best of both worlds)
what 4K box would you recommend? Do you know if I can have more than one box on a vm feed

Back