Android Box Or Mag Box

what 4K box would you recommend? Do you know if I can have more than one box on a vm feed

By the way it's a LG 4K smart tv I use to stream iptv which I get all the new movies thru PLEX in 4K [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way it's a LG 4K smart tv I use to stream iptv which I get all the new movies thru PLEX in 4K [emoji108]

hi m8 I'm torn between getting smart tv and doing what you have done or going down the cable box route,in your honest opinion is your set up regarding iptv smooth and clear picture?i have 300meg vm fibre optic so connection is not a problem

hi m8 I'm torn between getting smart tv and doing what you have done or going down the cable box route,in your honest opinion is your set up regarding iptv smooth and clear picture?i have 300meg vm fibre optic so connection is not a problem

The pic quality is 1080p u have all the sports and movies etc
ee5886bdf46aaf0509c87b951d02471f.jpg
ee5886bdf46aaf0509c87b951d02471f.jpg

I also have PLEX which my VOD runs thru from which is all the movies etc box sets and u get them in 4K aswell
ec7c0cc541433344ccb2ec6d2037673c.jpg

Last edited:
I also have PLEX which my VOD runs thru from sat tek uk which is all the movies etc box sets and u get them in 4K aswell looks fantastic would i need to subscribe with virgin for the cheapest tv package because at present i only have virgin broadband or would i just need to get a sub?

ec7c0cc541433344ccb2ec6d2037673c.jpg

never seen the attraction of these mag 254 boxes, hardware just seems a little dated, no wireless, 512mb ram, 256mb flash, not sure about the processor i,ve never come across it, all for + £65.
people who own them seem happy but i would have thought the fire box would have been better value, iptv, kodi, netflixs, amazon tv and others.

leejon123 as you have VM bb no need to even look towards iptv (unless its for the 3pm kickoffs but the season has finished now anyway)
You are far better to go the cable box route as only the encription is cleared via the net rather than full streaming of everything!

I also have VM bb & have been testing iptv with mixed results depending on the device used but none are as smooth as VM bb with a cable box & cable sub, with IPTV you can receive FHD which is higher than a standard cable box putting out 1080 although you can buy higher resolution cable boxes IF you need 2k/4k.
The better cable boxes will also record one channel while watching another channel at the same time (something thats not so easy on IPTV without paying more)

IF you have VM bb then a cable box is the no1 one way to go (you can always add IPTV to your cable box IF needed to get the best of both worlds)
Hi, BeakyFord you have been very helpful in the past i just wondered if you could help me with this m8.i have just got myself a MUTANT HD51 CABLE BOX.my virmin router is located upstairs in my bedroom but my Cable box is downstairs could you please explain how I get them connected?would I just put 1 TP LINK into the Router and the other into the Box? to get a connection,regards Lee

While it is nice to receive a ‘like’ for any input given that has helped someone the forum has many members that far exceed my limited understanding (small fish in a big pond).

The usual way with VM is to have your VM router & box close together as this makes splitting the VM feed much easier, having your box in one place & your router in another makes things more difficult without running a cable across your home. I wouldn’t want to guide you in the wrong direction & suggest using senders etc so in this instance it would be best for someone else to offer support

While it is nice to receive a ‘like’ for any input given that has helped someone the forum has many members that far exceed my limited understanding (small fish in a big pond).

The usual way with VM is to have your VM router & box close together as this makes splitting the VM feed much easier, having your box in one place & your router in another makes things more difficult without running a cable across your home. I wouldn’t want to guide you in the wrong direction & suggest using senders etc so in this instance it would be best for someone else to offer support
Thanks m8 reposted in a different section

leejon123
I have been following both your threads & the replies but didn’t really want to jump back in as I could see you having an issue connecting the cable feed your box as your router is upstairs & your box downstairs!

From the replies, so far most appear to be aimed at TP links to connect to the net for encryption with good advice for hard wired being best if it is possible but none have yet looked towards how you will connect your cable feed….

I will try to explain what problem I think you may encounter: -

A standard VM install will have your incoming supply mounted at a low level usually on the front of your property (brown box), this usually gets drilled through the wall with a small white box on the inside of your property, from here it is easy to use a splitter to split your cable feed into two with one feed going to your router & the 2nd feed going to your box, simple IF router & box are close together however as yours are a long way apart & on different levels this would be tricky without running one lead from the splitter all the way through your house!

A lot depends on how your install was completed…as in…

A: did VM drill through your wall at the point of supply (brown box) & place a small white connection box on the inside of your property the same as a standard installation before continuing to complete the install upstairs by placing a splitter inside your supply (brown box) & running the cable up/round the outside of your property to complete the install upstairs.

B: did VM mount the supply in the usual place (low level brown box) but NOT drill through the wall to give an access point inside because you requested the install to be upstairs, in this case VM will have run the feed up/round the outside of your property then drilled through the wall upstairs to complete the install.

With any luck, you will say option ‘A’ as you will have no issues connecting your VM feed, you can simply connect from your access point (downstairs) to your box (downstairs) via a cable lead, but If option ‘B’ you will find it hard to provide a cable feed to your box.

Hope that makes sense

Last edited:
leejon123
I have been following both your threads & the replies but didn’t really want to jump back in as I could see you having an issue connecting the cable feed your box as your router is upstairs & your box downstairs!

From the replies, so far most appear to be aimed at TP links to connect to the net for encryption with good advice for hard wired being best if it is possible but none have yet looked towards how you will connect your cable feed….

A standard VM install will have your incoming supply mounted at a low level usually on the front of your property (brown box), this usually gets drilled through the wall with a small white box on the inside of your property, from here it is easy to use a splitter to split your cable feed into two with one feed going to your router & the 2nd feed going to your box, simple IF router & box are close together however as yours are a long way apart & on different levels this would be tricky without running one lead from the splitter all the way through your house!

A: did VM drill through your wall at the point of supply (brown box) & place a small white connection box on the inside of your property the same as a standard installation before continuing to complete the install upstairs by placing a splitter inside your supply (brown box) & running the cable up/round the outside of your property to complete the install upstairs.
unfortunately its B they drilled the hole upstairs and the white box is upstairs because my router had to be upstairs because i work from home and the syt=stem
B: did VM mount the supply in the usual place (low level brown box) but NOT drill through the wall to give an access point inside because you requested the install to be upstairs, in this case VM will have run the feed up/round the outside of your property then drilled through the wall upstairs to complete the install.

With any luck, you will say option ‘A’ as you will have no issues connecting your VM feed, you can simply connect from your access point (downstairs) to your box (downstairs) via a cable lead, but If option ‘B’ you will find it hard to provide a cable feed to your box.

Hope that makes sense
unfortunately its B they drilled the hole upstairs and the white box is upstairs because my router had to be upstairs because I work from home and the phone system I use for work needs ethernet cable plugged into it.does the cable box not work like my Zgemms H2S which I have set up with TP LINKS i have 1 TP link going into the zgemma and the other into the router,i was hoping I could do the same with the cable box.according to Gary further up the post he said thats all he did

leejon123

Hope that makes sense
hey pal sorry to be a pain but after further looks i have a white Broadband box downstairs its enclosed with 2 pozzzy drive screws in i also have
leejon123

Hope that makes sense
hi Beakyford after taking a proper look i have 2 boxes the first pic is the box downstairs and the second pic is the box upstairs currently running into my router fot the zgemma h2s box are these the 2 boxes i need to set up cable box?Image.jpg Image.jpg

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 75
Then your good to go, you shouldnt encounter any problems connecting your cable feed to the box, the spitter will already be inside your supply point (brown box on outside wall). You have option 'A'

correction: you have a VM access point in one pic & a Telewest in the other....the Telewest could be an old install & is not VM equipment, you need to have another look outside at the VM supply point, remove cover to see IF they have used a splitter & drilled through the wall? IF they have you should have a VM access point on the inside wall, if not you may have a problem....TP links are fine for using internet encription but how do you get your signal (pictures) to your box? (you may need to do a little DIY...add splitter inside supply point with a feed passed through your wall so you can connect to box)

Last edited:
Hi everyone i m after good orgnize iptv looking for uk usa and asian with vod any suggestion pls and my setup android box

Ha
leejon123 as you have VM bb no need to even look towards iptv (unless its for the 3pm kickoffs but the season has finished now anyway)
You are far better to go the cable box route as only the encription is cleared via the net rather than full streaming of everything!

I also have VM bb & have been testing iptv with mixed results depending on the device used but none are as smooth as VM bb with a cable box & cable sub, with IPTV you can receive FHD which is higher than a standard cable box putting out 1080 although you can buy higher resolution cable boxes IF you need 2k/4k.
The better cable boxes will also record one channel while watching another channel at the same time (something thats not so easy on IPTV without paying more)

IF you have VM bb then a cable box is the no1 one way to go (you can always add IPTV to your cable box IF needed to get the best of both worlds)
Have you any idea where to get a good cable box?

That's a list of different boxes and options is there like list of sites or seller's maybe like face book that IPTV have?

Back