android limit for kodi

cactikid

VIP Member
i have an old sumvision cyclone android x2 think 4.1 yes old in todays terms.

i am running xbmc frodo 13.2 i think and cannot get it running with feeds saying broken,tried a number of ones listed on kodi websites but no luck.
is it worth the trouble as my newer octo core is 6.1 lol

I have an oldie too, a mx2 running 4.1, I have a more recent KODI (15, I think) and i have no problems at all, I was watching peaky blinders this evening, are you sure it is not your Broadband supplier blocking stuff?
Have you any other apps - Mobdro, netflix, showbox, etc. on the box? are they working? That would at least rule out an internet problem

yes internet works as i reset box to start again and wondered if newer kodi would run,lan cable enabled as browser works for searching.
cheers will try again and know even an updated kodi from my own might work.

newer box is an octo and loaded and on 6.1 and very happy lol

I just stumbled upon this http://www.ember-dev.com/ Embeded Entertainment Rom. I've never heard of it before but it's got a few old android boxes it will work on in the download section. It's definately worth a read and it could breathe new life into your old box for the sake of a little firmware tinkering.

Guys as you know frodo is an old kodi version and it's not been updated anymore buy the repo guys , , 4.1 will run helix 15 or jarvis 16.1 which are still been updated , if possible it's best to run hardwire , the new krypton 17 is very stable now but you need lollipop 5 or 6 to run it ........

if i get time i might have another go ,but liking my newer box on 6.1,nice to know not dead yet.

Ya cacti bud , have krypton 17 running on newer minix neo box that has 5.1 lollipop and have jarvis 16 running on the older mx box with 4.0 kit kat firmware and still been updated regularly, krypton 17 is a totally game changer from older versions , kodi idea behind 17 is to make it a lot smarter for a range of andriod devices ie phones ipad boxes etc .......l

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
is it normal when you click on the image it goes to wiki and i dont see a match for the cyclone
cpu arm a9 dual core .

Not all the firmwares are there for every box and the link should take you to the firmware downloads page.Ive tried it via my phone just now and the link is fine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

maybe should have said kodi image rather than firmware image,it was the choice of so many 32 bit 64 bit and different arms,downloaded a few from browser search then downloads and when going to install parsing error=mismatch?.

are people adding fusion installer as not working and no feed streams?

It quite clearly states which firmware and which compatible device.I don't see the problem fusion installer that's got nothing to do with a firmware upgrade.The fusion Installer is now called indigo and that is specific to tvaddons ag.

i have not found a firmware upgrade from 4.4.1 and was just trying a later kodi and had indigo on board when 90% of stuff reported broken.
not to worry have removed xbc off box as deleted it.

Yes I get you I contacted them looking for lollipop as I've bought about 6 boxes of them 2 M8N's and 4 T 8's V2 and V3 respectively which is not their fault even though I asked about this way back in 2016.Im just going to flash the boxes with Linux and run kodi from there.Even though I upgraded one of the boxes to 5 box shows incompatible.Failing to get that running properly I'll end up getting a shield even though plenty other APK'S will work for streaming mobdro being one such is life.

I eventually found a T8 rom for openelec flashed it only to find isengard 15.2 used the updater no support for T8 arm.Plenty for rasp pi ect but looks like more and more people migrating to Libreelec so will try that root and try and get more life out the old T8 S802 V2.

@cactikid eventually went down the LIBREELEC route Kodi Krypton 17 working flawless on T8 V2 AML S802 kit kat.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I bought mine from Entertainment box and the same no lollipop you'll have to go down the Linux route like myself.

No I bought mine from Entertainment box and the same no lollipop you'll have to go down the Linux route like myself.

Excuse me for being lazy but do you have a link for the Linux route?
I liked the T8-S because it's dual boot and you had the option to boot directly into OpenElec without Android.
I would be very happy to make it into a Linux box if possible?

I'm booting from SD the image from Artemis final release didn't work yet RC 4 did what the difference is code wise I don't know.Also the spec factor it might not flash the T8 S.

I think the only difference between T8 and T8-S is the dual boot feature. If booting from SD it shouldn't make a difference.
Do you have a link for the RC 4?

Back