Another won't boot senario Zgemma S2

argenta

So I have a strange situation in regards my Zgemma Star S2 box it was working with OpenAtv then an update came up and in the middle of which it stalled (For why I do not know) it was stuck for quite some time so much so it became ridiculous and I rebooted the box. To the effect that it starts as follows........

Red light - green light - boot- then- this comes up -11- and that's where it stays.

Now the 11 may not be two ones but it looks like it. So before the box is put in the rubbish bin I was hoping that someone might have and idea on what's the problem?

For the record the box booted originally with the usb stick I am using now but I have also tried at least a dozen other usb sticks with the same result. And using different builds no joy. So I am just wondering if the box is now a paper weight? Thanks for any help given.

have you formatted the usb properly
used a usb smaller than 4G
extracted the CORRECT files for your box
and used plain OpenATV 6.1 and not an image

have you formatted the usb properly
used a usb smaller than 4G
extracted the CORRECT files for your box
and used plain OpenATV 6.1 and not an image
Hi Yes I have tried all kinds of usbs including the one I used in the first place when I set the box up. What ever went wrong was caused by the update that stalled. Real mystery. :(

a reflash is probably the best fix, download the atv image from http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/zgemmas2s/openatv-6.2-zgemmas2s-20180904_usb.zip and unzip it and put the zgemma folder on to a fat32 formatted usb stick. Plug into the box and power on, when USB/UPDT appears on led press the power button on front of box for a few seconds, it should then flash
Sadly I tried that no joy. I have followed threads on here and tried various builds same result. I think it's bricked just don't get the -l l- symbol after the boot sign?

don't bin the box, although its an older box it's unlikely to be dead. I would take a look for you but the chances are we're miles away from each other.

Hi Yes I have tried all kinds of usbs including the one I used in the first place when I set the box up. What ever went wrong was caused by the update that stalled. Real mystery. :(
that is not an answer to what I asked
was your USB smaller than 4G . ?

Sadly I tried that no joy. I have followed threads on here and tried various builds same result. I think it's bricked just don't get the -l l- symbol after the boot sign?
that is likely to just be the 11, the box counts up as the box boots up and software is loaded, it sounds like the software update you did crashed as updating software that is loaded early on during the boot up process.

don't bin the box, although its an older box it's unlikely to be dead. I would take a look for you but the chances are we're miles away from each other.
Thanks for that offer but it hardly seems worth the bother at this stage. But thanks to everyone for the help.:)

You are putting usb in the rear USB port and not the front one or if you can go on pc/laptop see if there is a file that say noforce if so rename to force pop the zgemma file back onto USB put it in rear USB port then turn on at back

You are putting usb in the rear USB port and not the front one or if you can go on pc/laptop see if there is a file that say noforce if so rename to force pop the zgemma file back onto USB put it in rear USB port then turn on at back
Yes to all that thanks.

can we clarify, are you trying to flash the box or just boot it up?

When the box is stuck on 11, can you try telnetting into the box using putty ?

that is not an answer to what I asked
was your USB smaller than 4G . ?
Yes they all were. the original was just 250MG which worked fine the rest were all up to 4gig only. I got a loan of them from friends and different makes. Thanks

I have a 256M stick that has never failed to flash a box yet,
have you properly deep formatted them and used the CORRECT IMAGE

can we clarify, are you trying to flash the box or just boot it up?

When the box is stuck on 11, can you try telnetting into the box using putty ?
Flashing but can I explain I am no expert in this game. But I was able to set it up in the first place thanks to this site. So haven't a clue abour telnetting or putty Sorry.

Back