any difference???

Rabby77

Hi is there any difference bretween setting up a usb flash drive for recording and a usb HDD?? ive recently bought a 512gb flash drive and intitalised it and mounted it but it wont let me record, rewind etc
the flashdrive was formatted to fat 32 then it intiialised on the zgemma but it wont work after initializing and mounting, is ther a differnce in the setup procedure

thought so mate it was a tenner job so it must be crap cant get it to convert from ext 3 to 4 oh well live and learn, cheers

does it work on windows, is it correctly stating its 512gb. Must admit i had my eye on one of those not so long ago and many memebers on here told be there are a bag of crap and your lucky if you even get 16gb off it.

The laptop didnt at first but i gave it a new volume through the disk managment tool and formatted it to fat 32 through a wee programme from the net, a gui formatter, but it still wouldnt work, it said it had initialised but it couldnt seem to initialise to ext4. When I mounted it it wouldn't mount to media/hdd it kept going back to sda or something after a reeboot

Last edited:
i don't do a massive amount of recording, so i just use one of these little beauts now as my main usb

large_43791_1393950923.jpg

yeah unfortunatley ive got 50 gig worth of scooby doo on my 1tb drive i was just trying out these 512gb flash drives, thought they were too good to be true!!!!

ill try it mate, its doubtful i think these flash drives are maybe only good for storing pics and videos etc

Back