Any other option apart from going back

Hi all, haven't been on here for a while and was hoping someone had an alternative to going back to sly
I have a star S and get less channels than freeview at the moment
Anyone help before I go back to the dark side

Would it be worthwhile getting a newer box
Would I then be able to get all the channels I lost previously, if I bought a gift ?

If you get a firestick you can set it up to run Iptv perfectly.
There's a app digital stb and that runs Iptv the same as a mag Box and really easy to setup.

Yes mate it will all movies sports kids entertainment documentary USA sports Canadian sports ppv and box office events

But you would need to buy an IPTV sub for around £100 a year and it's not as reliable as the old way - a minority of people would argue otherwise (usually the people selling it) but the majority agree that it's hit and miss but your only viable option i'm afraid if you want all the exact same channels back.

Agreed, the old way was alot more reliable and less freezing! It was basically like having an original sly box!

With iptv you'll find channels jumping, freezing,etc but its the only way forward if you've no VM in your area or pay sly or go motorised.

I would get alot of iptv tests first and see which is best, alot of iptv providers are having there football blocked during EPL games so id ask that first before buying if your into football.

I find that the cheaper iptv subs are the ones you will have problems with so as ste said around £100 a year should be a decent sub although members have been lucky and got good cheaper subs!

Star s is an old box also, H2S is alot quicker, on ebay for around £62.00 atm inc postage! I'd recommend the vu+ zero though for abit extra.

Thanks all for replies, I'm not bothered about football
It all seems a bit above my tech intellect regarding getting tests etc, don't know how that's done
Unless I can find an idiots guide I'll probably go back to sly, may even work out cheaper

Definitely won't be cheaper, I have just went down the cable route with help from techking members and it's great getting everything in hd, but I had a good IPTV service running on a firestick, using perfect player and it is easy enough getting tests and setting up and depending on your provider a good alternative to paying for sky, worth trying out first anyway

If your not into football i would go with sly!

Slys doing the new Q box for as little as £22.00 a month!

Once you add the sly sports channels and Bee Tee sports the price goes through the roof tho! Prob £100 a month which is a joke!

You could always get the remaining sly channels if not bothered about sport even tho there's bt sports on it but still a good selection available

Thanks all for replies, I'm not bothered about football
It all seems a bit above my tech intellect regarding getting tests etc, don't know how that's done
Unless I can find an idiots guide I'll probably go back to sly, may even work out cheaper

I'll explain how difficult it is:

1) Go to Amazon and order smart iptv app, they deliver it to your firestick

2)switch firestick on and open the smart iptv app, it will show a code on screen

3) give that code to your iptv man

4) watch telly

Back