any runners ?

Thats true, start slow and build up gradually, and there are times when you wont feel like doing as much as the days before, just write them days off and dont let them set you back any, the important thing is to just continue and try to do a little bit more the next time, you will know yourself what your capabilitys are.

Divis mountain is hell I spent all night
During the real cold spell trying to fix
Power lines up at the old army camp
Spent all night running across fields
To fix broken pole with 13 tone track
Machine

Its a great walk though, with great views across the city, yes you have to wrap up well in the winter, even in summer it can be a bit nippy because its so high up , i love it for the fresh air and you always feel the better for it, great way to pass a couple of hours.

I have started doing the tow path, from Lisburn
It’s good flat service and not to many people about

I used to run that years ago, in my younger years, starting at shaws bridge up to lisburn then back, wish i could do it nowadays.

I used to run that years ago, in my younger years, starting at shaws bridge up to lisburn then back, wish i could do it nowadays.

That’s a right wee run. I think it’s near 10miles one way I think lady Dixon’s is 7miles from lisburn

i think it was 6 or 7 miles we used to do there and back along the lagan towpath, mind you it was in the 1980s, i was alot younger and fitter then, good luck with it , you will feel all the better for doing it, probaly not during it, but afterwards.

I thought it was more than that

Maybe I’m taking the distance from the house adds a mile on to it

On wed night I’m going to do
Lisburn to Mcllroy park, just at the driving range. It is 7.6 miles from home (return)
So taking a mile of it 6.6mile.

I find it harder after a day at work on my feet all day
Far easier first thing in the morning

I've just returned to running, played rugby all my days but a couple of knee ops and a back op last year, my body told me to stop.

I find running the only exercise I hate/enjoy. I like the feeling at the end of a run.

Just need to work on my diet a bit more....... Working on a train, on shifts is the hardest to stay motivated to go out and run! (and young kids)

lovely morning for a run

so if you want to start go do it

just home from a 8mile run, saved 4mins on the last time i did it
did 5miles none stop. near killed me

but i have worked out my calves are super tight when i start and take a few miles to warm up and loosen
so i think i need to roller out more, to see if it helps

but well nice morning, started getting very warm towards the end, but a great morning for it

but i have worked out my calves are super tight when i start and

As one who has ruined his knees from road running, a good warm up is very important mate. It makes all the difference.
I now stick to cycling, no impact sports suit me - I feckin love it.

I’m still learning what I can and can’t do
So my calves do slow me down and stop me

Once they got loosened up I was grand
Well other than my breathing
Lol

Running has turned out to be the best exercise for me. Quit smoking 5 years ago and piled on the Pounds .

Started out with lots of walks, but after a year I started to run some parts of the walk. Now I'm running 10 miles 2 or 3 times a week. Something I'd never of believed possible. Especially at 46.

So many great places near me to go for a run. All around the north down coast from Bangor towards Holywood or out to Groomsport and Orlock . Just recently started running over the Craigantlet hills down to Helens Bay. The scenery there is absolutely stunning.

If you're planning to start running I recommend walking first. Then run small sections of your walk. E.g. From one lamp-post to the next, then walk between the next 2 and slowly build up your stamina.

good to see plenty of ni people on board

also dont do to much at once, my dad took up walking
did to much at a time and that meant he wasnt going out as often as he should have
they have a caravan up at millisle, so plenty of nice places to walk around there, along the beach and the likes

I take my daughters dog with me now most of the time, when i go up to the mountain walk, i let her off her lead, where she can then stretch her legs and run about, so i then have to run a bit to keep up with her, so along with the 2 hour walks that does me, Wallace park is good for her too for running about, I am starting back to the 5 aside football on thursday night, been out for 8 weeks now , we might aswell enjoy this spell of good weather we are getting at the minute in N-Ireland, as we know from past experiences, it dosent last long. Siilver you will see and feel a big difference in yourself by the time September comes, i also felt that going for a run in the early Autumn evenings felt far better and it seems you can go a bit further and faster, probaly the cooler air coming in at that time of the year.

I have been doing classes at lisburn leisure plex for over a year now
Circuits, kettlebells, spin, rt24 and the likes
That got me moving

There is my last 10k done before the lisburn 10k
Just did around the Titanic quarter in too Victoria park. Very flat run. Something to get my ego up lol. I can do it none stop if I pace myself

Back