any runners ?

Just over a hour too go
She is starting to heat up. Just about to hit 20

Seems to be a good crowd at the laganside10k. More than last week won't be in the top half this time

IMG_20180902_122451.jpg

paula radcliffe was on the queue for the ladies in the park. A few behind the other half.
She gave up and went to the men's
Hahaa

Such a bad run. So tough and so warm
No idea why it was tough for. I have done race with more hills and ran when I was warmer
But that was wild

Don’t think I got under the hour (Fitbit said 1:00:45) and I stopped once, walked a few steps and some girl shorted at me and told me to keep going and I did and that was me until the end

Sprinted as much as I could through the finishing section as fast as I could, fitbit said my max heart rate was 195, so I think I’m dead lol

Had my phone on battery saver mode, so my gps is up the left, not to worry

Ps from what I hear Paula (bib number 1) came in 164 with a time of 42.35

Last edited:
Official times are in
1:00:07

Happy enough with that
Just thinking my start was slower as. The amount of people was wild

Official times are in

Happy enough with that
Well done mate seen your posts earlier warm weather dosnt help but at least you tried and completed the course that's main thing

Got a cold today
I did have a sore throat before hand but it’s in full force now. I take it with the heat and the start of the cold. Didn’t help much. Ah well.

Got a cold today
I did have a sore throat before hand but it’s in full force now. I take it with the heat and the start of the cold. Didn’t help much. Ah well.
Get on sofa mate with quilt and a bowl of chicken soup ready for this morning starting at 10:25 lol

Official times are in

Happy enough with that
Thats a decent time you clocked, well done, my wee girls time was around 47 mins, havent seen her yet, the young lad never got doing it, he got a bad burn on his foot last week, he's a chef and one of his workmates dropped a scalding pot of water and part of the splash got him, so no running for him for awhile.

Thats a decent time you clocked, well done, my wee girls time was around 47 mins, havent seen her yet, the young lad never got doing it, he got a bad burn on his foot last week, he's a chef and one of his workmates dropped a scalding pot of water and part of the splash got him, so no running for him for awhile.

oh that isnt good. thats one job i always wanted to do then i found out they worked bad hours lol

47mins is very good, the other half she got 48 mins
2 mins quicker than Armagh last week

so we are going to run it again on Sunday. get up early and head down and try and match the same loop

oh that isnt good. thats one job i always wanted to do then i found out they worked bad hours lol

47mins is very good, the other half she got 48 mins
2 mins quicker than Armagh last week

so we are going to run it again on Sunday. get up early and head down and try and match the same loop
You will have to keep up the training to try and get a bit closer to her, it was 47 minutes and so many secs, near enough 48 mins for the wee girl too, and she has been running the last 8 or 9 years on and off, your other half is a pretty good runner then, with her time, maybe this time next year you will be close to that sort of time , heh, heh.

You will have to keep up the training to try and get a bit closer to her, it was 47 minutes and so many secs, near enough 48 mins for the wee girl too, and she has been running the last 8 or 9 years on and off, your other half is a pretty good runner then, with her time, maybe this time next year you will be close to that sort of time , heh, heh.

when i look at the other halfs states they are a solid straight line, mine are a roller coaster of ups and downs. i need to smooth them out

thats the thing i have been doing it for just under a year, the other half would be doing it 5 or 6 years on and off. plus she is a tall twig and im more the bark that fell of the old tree lol

so re-did the the run from last week

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 12.12.11.png

not fully over the cold yet but still a bit hanging on but far better than last week, but she rained for most of the run, so i did get soaked

so many people must run that route all the time

but here is some stats

last heart profile
Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 12.19.55.png

this weeks
Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 12.19.06.png

such a difference in how smooth my heart rate is

so my times the official race time was 1:00:07 and todays time was 58:23, so im happy enough with that and with the race im sure slowed me done
but didnt stop, didnt need my inhaler that much, once at start and once after lap one of the lagan section and that was it.

average pace was 9:34 a mile some how
Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 12.26.52.png

im happy enough with it, like that run. nice and flat

The fact that you knew the route today a bit better than last week, might have played a small factor to improve your time, plus no crowds of runners to worry about it, are you planning to run the route regularly now?

has fitbit done something with their setup
as my results are up the left

ran the same route, but the distance was shorter than it should have been and went a bit extra and the distance was still short

last week the other half and me, the five mile mark was pretty much the same
this week the five mile mark was past and a god bit back on its self too

so why would that be

its like last week too
way there, ran to five miles, but on the way home five mile would have been past home a good half mile, even i took the same route

Back