anyone got a venton unibox hd eco+ ?

tbh i didn't try it.

not taking anything away from the guys work but i prefer a clean image with minimal addons.

eveything you need can be downloaded from the box menu anyway :-)

Did you try iptv player on it?

Hi. Just got one of these. It had a vix image already installed. I went into plugins and installed IPTV and its working fine. The question I have is can sucmsees vix image be used on this box?

I have just received a (cable) unibox eco+ today and am awaiting a test line. Mgcamd is already installed on the box, but it says mgcamd1.0 would I still be able to run a nline using this cam? Im going back over to cable for the first time since the dbox days having had a vu+ on sat for a few years, so im pretty rusty with some of the lastest cable stuff. I know that mgcamd 1.38 is the latest version but I cant find any onfo on 1.0. Thanks for your help guys

I've got the same box running on Vix 3.2.037. I'm not sure if MGcamd 1.0 works but a couple of months ago I was running 1.38 (simply downloaded from the plugins) & it was all fine.

I was curious about OpenATV so flashed that to the box & ran 1.38 but I found my line would glitch a fair bit so I went back to OpenViX. Annoyingly, in this time, Vix had stopped the ability to download plugins via the box for the 3.2.037 image (an outdated image but the latest one compatible with the Venton), so I tried to ftp the 1.38 ipk to the box, but I didn't have any luck with that. Maybe the ipk wasn't compatible or something? Anyway, I found a 1.35 ipk, ftp'd that & it works perfectly.

On the Openvix website it says that 3.2.037 is the latest image for the Venton Unibox HD Eco+ but has anyone tried flashing 4.2 on it? I'm apprehensive to try it incase it bricks my box.

picked up one of these from sat shop for £59 on the black friday sale. cracking box, like the internal HDD option to. Works well with the new Vix4e2project software. Should have bought 2 at that price.

Aren't the remotes bloody awful though? lol

Worst remote control I've ever seen perhaps besides the openbox ones. Christ.

from the boxes i have used this so far is my 2nd fav remote, each to there own, maybe you have big hands Janso lol

Back