Anyone got VM set up in TVHeadend?

Hi. Trying to get VM set up in TVHeadend. Not worried about decrypting yet, I want to find channels first.

Anyone managed to get it working?

Cheers,
Chris

Can't remember how I did it as it was years ago, but it might be worth googling wetek and tvheadend.

It's the box I was using sometime ago and there's plenty of threads out there.

Thanks @mbath I will look into it.

Can anyone confirm this setup is correct?

upload_2018-10-22_18-52-2.png

upload_2018-10-22_18-51-31.png

upload_2018-10-22_18-51-7.png

Can't remember how I did it as it was years ago, but it might be worth googling wetek and tvheadend.

It's the box I was using sometime ago and there's plenty of threads out there.

Cheers for the message but I had already seen that video.

A little progress has been made though. I checked some info on the Tivo box and found a freq. Put it into TVH and now I have some channels! Not mayny though. Looking at other guides it seems there are several freqs needed to get all channels? Like if I set up a freeview network and use the premade muxes there a 4-5. I wonder if anyone knows which freqs I should try?

This is all I picked up

upload_2018-10-22_21-4-2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this sorted by accident. Turns out the net id and area frequency are useless it seems in TVH. It randomly found a couple additional muxes and I noticed a pattern. All freqs increased by 8. So I manually added a bunch of freqs like this and seem to have all channels and then some.

upload_2018-10-25_16-36-3.png

All the way up to 800+. Most use 6952000 symbol rates. There a a few chuncks of freq not used but most are.
Hope that helps anyone trying to do the same.

Just got to figure out my -40db signal and 20-30 snr so I can actualy see the channels that arent encrypted and then look at getting a nline.

Chris

Got this sorted by accident. Turns out the net id and area frequency are useless it seems in TVH. It randomly found a couple additional muxes and I noticed a pattern. All freqs increased by 8. So I manually added a bunch of freqs like this and seem to have all channels and then some.

View attachment 35476

All the way up to 800+. Most use 6952000 symbol rates. There a a few chuncks of freq not used but most are.
Hope that helps anyone trying to do the same.

Just got to figure out my -40db signal and 20-30 snr so I can actualy see the channels that arent encrypted and then look at getting a nline.

Chris

what box are you using?
you just get a line, put it in the box, scan for channels and watch sky sports, there's no need for all this caper

Its a PC with TVHeadend installed. I have it working now. Not got a line yet to test that part but unecrypted are playing and EPG seems to be working. Getting a shit picture and lots of packet errors but thats down to the crappy USB tuner I am using. Needs nothing less than a perfect signal which I dont have.

Had boxes before back in the day and briefly into N3 untill the starview servers got shut down.

Plan to plug this into Plex so we can watch TV wherever we want.

If you get a zgemma H2h for about £50 you just add a line and get all channels and a 14 day EPG.
Not sure what youre trying to achieve, and your post the other night about VM cardsharing being finished baffled me too.
All sky sports and sky movies as well as all other channels are still going strong on cable and always have been.
Starview boxes went west but not cable cardsharing

The post the other day was asking how it worked. But a guy locked it so I couldnt follow up. See we have no cards at all and read they are being phased out. Was wondering what the future is. Also wondered if card sharing actually requires any cards at all. Maybe modded boxes or whatever I dont know.

Really not interested in boxes. We already have Plex installed on all our TV's and devices. Already have a server running it so makes sense for us to try and do it this way.

The post the other day was asking how it worked. But a guy locked it so I couldnt follow up. See we have no cards at all and read they are being phased out. Was wondering what the future is. Also wondered if card sharing actually requires any cards at all. Maybe modded boxes or whatever I dont know.

Really not interested in boxes. We already have Plex installed on all our TV's and devices. Already have a server running it so makes sense for us to try and do it this way.

you don't need cards.
The moderator closed the thread because this has been going on for about 10 years, people 'think' cable has stopped so they spend a fortune on rubbish that doesn't work or other systems when in reality, any decent cable box, like the zgemma H2h like i mentioned earlier for £50 will recieve all sports and movies channels, you don't need any cards or any other bits, just a box.
It's only satellite that has lost the good channels. You can also get the channels via iptv but they're not as stable as VM cable.
Simply reading that this or that is being phased in or out is no good, no boxes have needed cards for many, many, many years, they have all still been getting all channels, just like they all are today

I know I dont need cards. I mean the guys providing the servers. We have a paid VM sub. All tivos and all cardless. I'm trying to understand what happens when the genuine cards peaople are sharing are no more.

Back