Anyone having trouble with footie tonight?

I've no VPN and no issues with the football. If my provider does get hit i'll cross that bridge when I come to it but for now i'm happy enough.

And personally speaking i'm glad that people are being put off from IPTV by blackouts and scare stories. Means there's less chance of it being completely over saturated, the way that CS went.

If you have a vpn then you will not be effected by the blackout, The isp's seemed to have changed the way they blocking it, they are now blocking whole servers not just the footie part.
I know at least 3 large providers were hit last night,its was half time in arsenal game when I saw the problems start.
Cheers mate I'm reasonably new to all this are there any reasonable priced vpns around I'm using a android box with perfect player.

I'll second what Si is saying,

It is not providers making excuses. If your stream goes off completely at the start of an EPL game and then magically re-appears after the final whistle then it is an ISP block that the EPL have been granted whereby they can instruct isp's in the UK to block access to servers who are providing streams of EPL (but only while the game is on).

Running a VPN will 100% allow you to be able to watch the stream again. If you don't believe it, download a free trial / free VPN and try it for yourself!

If your Champions League / Europa League / Carabou Cup / Championship / La Liga etc coverage goes off then yes it may well be your provider as they don't have the ability to enforce the block.

It seems recently that more IPTV providers are becoming affected by the blocks and although some seem to be finding ways around it, others are struggling.

I would also be wary of buying IPTV based solely on that fact that their football streams aren't blocked as you may find that they are just a relatively new provider with few customers and so haven't been caught yet!

I found myself that it's better to buy a sub from a proven supplier who is affected and pay for a VPN sub alongside it on and it works out a lot cheaper due to having multiple connections. Others may find differently

I cannot get my head around contributors to this thread who have a crystal ball and know - 'you will see more "main suppliers" being effected'. Sorry, but total speculation on what factual evidence is this based? As for people who cannot understand why we dont use VPN's well, fact, I dont need one. OK I may in the future, as I may also need a nuclear fall out shelter if TRUMP bombs NORTH KOREA but I am not starting to dig yet.

It seems to me that despite the evidence that some suppliers have not got the knowledge, resources or the inclination to protect their streams from being blocked people continue to support them in the belief (no corroborated evidence) that its pointless doing the research and changing to another supplier. It defies logic! The fact that loads of people post on here that they have been blocked is not evidence of anything other than their supplier needs to sort it out or get into another business. Are all the people who like me keep repeating we have'nt got a problem wrong? well we may be but at the moment we are happy in our ignorance!

The other point regarding anecdotal evidence which is unfounded or guess work is 'more IPTV providers are being affected.' For all the evidence thats available (very little) they may all or many be reselling the same streams, we just dont know.

Bottom line it costs nothing to do research only time and the belief your going to find what you want.

Exactly and it works both ways, it doesn’t take much time or effort to research to find an article in a mainstream newspaper about EPL being granted permission by a high court to block servers which are streaming EPL games and the dates from and til they allowed to do this. In fact I’d say it was almost common knowledge. Yet people on here saying it has nothing to do with this, it’s overloaded servers etc, giving bad advice telling people to ditch there subs and sign up elsewhere because they’re not affected. I can tell you as a fact (take my word for it or don’t that’s entirely upto you) that before this weekend at least 2 suppliers who are 100% not resellers, each with over 10,000 subscribers weren’t affected but were this weekend and chances are will be again on Saturday and that is why we are seeing new posts after every weekend when blissfullly unaware people who have had perfect coverage so far suddenly find that their supplier is now blocked. You could well be lucky enough

Last edited:
Exactly and it works both ways, it doesn’t take much time or effort to research to find an article in a mainstream newspaper about EPL being granted permission by a high court to block servers which are streaming EPL games and the dates from and til they allowed to do this. In fact I’d say it was almost common knowledge. Yet people on here saying it has nothing to do with this, it’s overloaded servers etc, giving bad advice telling people to ditch there subs and sign up elsewhere because they’re not affected. I can tell you as a fact (take my word for it or don’t that’s entirely upto you) that before this weekend at least 2 suppliers who are 100% not resellers, each with over 10,000 subscribers weren’t affected but were this weekend and chances are will be again on Saturday and that is why we are seeing new posts after every weekend when blussfullly unaware people who have had perfect coverage so far suddenly find that their supplier is now blocked.
If I can answer you factually I have 2 subs. First has never been down, so I may have been lucky. The 2nd did go down 1st and 2nd weekends of of this season. Since then they have 'put things in place' and there's been no problems. Also both providers have said dont use vpn.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

And I bet I could guess who your second provider is....As for your first there are still plenty of suppliers that I know of and many many more that I don’t know of that haven’t been affected so it’s not necessary lucky, you just haven’t been unlucky (and may never be) of course they’re going to tell you not to use a vpn - because you don’t need one.

And I bet I could guess who your second provider is....As for your first there are still plenty of suppliers that I know of and many many more that I don’t know of that haven’t been affected so it’s not necessary lucky, you just haven’t been unlucky (and may never be) of course they’re going to tell you not to use a vpn - because you don’t need one.
Once again you are relying on speculation and guess work rather than trying to make an objective point based on the very limited facts we know. So as you appear to know all the answers I will leave it there. L.o.l.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

don't count ur chicken's, enjoy while it lasts I think. I don't understand why so many folk wont use a vpn, u still paying pennies to watch something that would cost u nearly 4 figures at sly
I have a vpn with ip vanish I don't use it though as I said I never needed it. I have two providers who both work without it so it's not I won't pay as I waste £8 pm on a vpn that I will say again I have never needed.... maybe you shouldn't of our all your chickens in one basket and shopped around.

You seem to be of the opinion that because you haven’t been affected the issue doesn’t exist. That’s fine.

I will continue to use my VPN that with 3 buttons of my remote will allow me to watch the footy all season without worrying about it going off. I changed from a provider even though they had got around the block after the second week of prem games as my new one has a better overall package performance, channel and cost wise.

Maybe it is you that should have shopped around as your VPN is going to cost you more than my sub with multiroom and VPN put together.

You seem to be of the opinion that because you haven’t been affected the issue doesn’t exist. That’s fine.

I will continue to use my VPN that with 3 buttons of my remote will allow me to watch the footy all season without worrying about it going off. I changed from a provider even though they had got around the block after the second week of prem games as my new one has a better overall package performance, channel and cost wise.

Maybe it is you that should have shopped around as your VPN is going to cost you more than my sub with multiroom and VPN put together.
I understand everyone's posts on about blocks and vpns yes if the main source gets blocked then people go down the vpn route but then what if it is your isp that's doing the blocks there's been people state they have still been blocked with vpns in place on their home network I know people that havnt been blocked if the main source gets blocked how Is a vpn going to work if it's the main source it's all still early days I had a friend ring me saying all his iptv goes off when football on and he's with the same provider as me but mine dosnt get affected as I don't use vpns and I'm with a different bb provider and mines ok

Two different suppliers here and mines been terrible tonight on the footy. Don,t watch much else.
No VPN and I don,t want another expense so I maybe on the look out for a new supplier? :(
Not impressed at the mo with IPTV just recently. Its been bad when footys on.

If a server is blocked. It is blocked by your isp on instruction of the EPL. A VPN will always solve that. There is no other form of blocking happening.

Champions League ‘should’ be fine. Therefore it has to be your provider.

Edit; I’m watching on the old fashioned Ccam without issue.

Back