anyone know about the HCG diet???

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM

HCG aka human chorionic growth (hormone) or hc gonadotropin

a hormone is something that u do not play with (esp when u are not in a growth phase 0f life)

my advice ........ don't do it

I don't know the effects on the human body like Endo does mate, but I can tell you about its usage in animals, which in instances can very closely mimic that of us. It is used primarily in the female of the species to either induce ovulation in a large magnitude for collection purposes, treat ovarian cysts, or to help with a few other reproductive issues, none of which I figure you suffer from. IN other words I agree with Endo, I would avoid it.

Well I've been thinking about 'easier' ways to do this weight loss thing and I think the best way is to do the same thing in how I got overweight... LOL. Don't eat so much and eat better foods... that's what I wasn't doing so maybe doing that with some exercise will rid this F@TM@N of his unwanted weight. ;)

Thanks for the responses guys!!!!

Same advice as above DONT DO IT!!
I have never done diets - they area waste of time and tend to be very expensive on the pocket. NEVER take any drug thats going to "promise" you loose XX weight in XX time" again you have to pay for drugs which also tend to be expensive.
I know lots of people that have used weight watchers, yes it may work but you have to also eat special meals and those tend to be more expensive than what you usually eat, plus have no taste!
My advice would be - if your happy and healthy carry on as you are, but just try and either exercise or eat smaller meals, or try and cut out/down those things that you really dont need like the sweets and beer
I have tried recently having a FULL large glass of water before i sit down to eat my main meal - it works in the respect that your tummy is full and you have not much room for a large meal. Then after your meal drink more water as it fills you up again. Water is healthy for the body. Plus do it when your ready NOT when the world deems that its just after xmas and we all need to loose a few lbs. I have noticed by drinking more water and Not drinking any beer or wine i have lost a few lbs.

I was just curious as I have a couple of friends that are "trying" this diet and it actually worried me to the point of reading about it and then posting here. ;)

I have been eating differently for about 3 months now and lost almost 30lbs before the Christmas holidays, yep I gained a few pounds back but getting right back on my regular eating schedule and proportions I've started to loose again already. I don't believe in these diets most of the time, just like get quick rich schemes... lol

Thanks for your responses.

tell them not to bother!!!
well done for loosing 30lbs! and hope you can shed those lbs you put on over the holiday season

Thanks Linny... I've about 80-90 more pounds to go for my goal.

I just wanted to make sure this HCG stuff wouldn't make them grow bigger man-boobs and also NOT shrink their "twig and berries"... like most men they couldn't afford that.. hehehehe. If it won't hurt them or make them sick in any way then so be it... they need to loose weight to... NOT calling the kettle black as I need to as well for a more healthy lifestyle and longer living potential. ;)

Thanks again.. you people are great!!!!! (y)

You aren't the only one looking to drop a "few" pounds there mate. I got "talked" into competing in a hot dog eating contest in february. So, sometime after that (maybe as soon as the last hot dog is finished) I will start at trying to lose some of this excess weight I have on me. With my short height, I'm starting to resemble a mini-keg here!!

Hi there, I followed the hcg diet plan to lose weight.
As one of friend who lives in new jersey suggest me to usethe hcg drops to lose weight.
The results are promising I lost 30 pounds in 40 days. But it is really hard to stay on hcg diet for a long time. As it is strict low calorie diet where you consume only 500 calories a day.
I have done this diet as suffered from severe varicose vein problem. My doctor suggested me to lose weight in order to avoid CVD.
After losing the weight I followed suggestions from my doctor after Phase 4 of HCG.
My sincere suggestion is if you want to lose weight under supervision of doctor or a dietician HCG works fine.
Now I am very happy, I do my work at home and at office.
What ever they say about HCG, it worked fine for me.
Before using HCG I was around 220 pounds. Now I am at 180 pounds.
Still continuing. Presently I am doing my 2 cycle. I maintained my weight for 8 months and started my 2 hcg cycle.
I suggest besthcgdrops website has given excellent reviews about hcg diet and drops.
I bought drops from them. You may check that site for more help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an Atkins type diet that I manipulate to suit myself. Basically in the initial stages I try to cut out the carbs completely. Once i've reached the fat burning (Ketosis) stage I allow myself a very few carbs per day. Main thing is that I never let myself get hungry. So I tend to eat BEFORE I'd normally eat so I never have to 'snack'. Basically sticking mainly to protein (chicken, meat, cheese, beef) and avoiding almost anything with carbs in it. I tend NOT to eat anything I don't have control of. Recently I found supermarket precooked chicken - very handy to take to work - had a coating over the skin with lots of sugar to make them look chargrilled. So stick as much as you can to foods for which you know the ingredients. A tip I found useful also - get yourself some ketosticks (urine test) and you can tell when ou're actualy fat burning - gives you a little more encouragement!

This isn't bad.. But I did try the one meal a day thing.. While I did feel hungry but found I had good energy throughout the day. But had to stop after a week as it started to make me feel ill.. So I'm currently looking into just general exercise, running each morning home from the kids school having a break over the weekends and also thinking about swimming as I broke my tibia an since the long period off work 4years ago I'd like to now get rid of that extra weight probably 2/3stone.. Its not much but shifting it is probably gonna much more work then i probably imagine.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

there's only one diet that works and it's not got a name like atkins, acb, hcg, yhg or anything else, it's called eating less than what you use, if you are sitting around all day in an office or similar environment, keep away from the burger and kebab shops, unless you burn off a few thousand calories a day in other ways.
If your mate never works out and eats like a horse and is fairly trim, he probably has a physically demanding job which doesn't involve ordering paper clips and sitting in a chair all day, so he uses several thousand calories going up and down ladders, or doing something that involves moving of bodyparts for most of his day, all it means is that he can have a bacon sandwich whenever he wants one and you can have a watercress smoothie, enjoy.
This probably sounds nasty to anyone in a job like that but it's not, you are doing a day's work like anyone else but it's not physical, not that it's any less important, it's possibly more so but it won't get you a good feed! :grin: :grin: long story short - you're gonna be at work all day anyway, do summat that's gonna benefit you healthwise and have a good steak a few times a week, have chips too :(y):

This is a thread from 2011 guys, let's leave it there.

Individual physiology determines what works individually, one may have a faster metabolism rate than another, for instance. This is why it is recommended to visit your GP before starting any excercise/diet plan.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back