Anyone know anything about Visconic security alarms?

izzy123

I've moved into a house that had an ADT alarm. ADT charge £30 a month so I decided just to continue using the alarm without their monitoring given it was disconnected from the phone line, and this seemed to work fine.
Unfortunately I didn't realise it has a mobile connection too and ADT have now disabled the alarm remotely so it's now useless.

The alarm is a visconic powermaster 30. I read online that you can do a hard factory reset by jumping the EF pins but that didn't work. And I made myself deaf when the anti-tamper alarm went off.

Is there anything I can do with this box? Alternatively can I just buy a new powermaster 30 control panel and will all the existing sensors work without any stress if I replace the control panel.

Thanks!

Try this....

[h=2]Hard-Reset[/h]A Hard-Reset will reset the Master installer code to 9999 and the user code to 1111.
To perform a hard-reset on the Powermax Pro control panel;

1. Remove the mains power to the control panel.
  2. Open the control panel and disconnect the battery.
  3. Identify the 5 pins (next to the X-10 connector) marked ‘1 way, 2 way, DEF’. By default there is a jumper across the ‘2 way’ pins.
  4. Remove the jumper from the ‘2 way’ pins and fit it across the ‘DEF’ pins.
  5. Apply battery power to the panel (or mains power if the battery is not charged).
  6. Remove power from the panel.
  7. Remove the jumper from the ‘DEF’ pins and fit it across the ‘2 way’ pins.
  8. Re-connect the battery.
  9. Close the panel and apply mains power.

The procedure is similar on the Complete and Express control panels.
The procedure for the Powermax plus uses the RST pins instead of the DEF pins.

Back