Anyone know if Vix4E2 is still supported? (H.2H)

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
Few questions regarding this image as i'm currently using Sucmnsee's Vix backup but i keep having crashes with the use of OpenWebIF (when remote is used and the screenshot automatically comes up) so planning on possibly changing to a new Image build.

I have always found Vix to be the better image so my questions for Vix4E2 are:

1) Is Vix4E2 the same as OpenVix in terms of easeability and the features it has?

2) Can OTA updates be done from the box or is this done when a newer release is out from the Vix4E2 website?

3) Are the plugin feeds working on the latest Vix4E2 backup or no?

Hope someone can help me with this before i decide to upgrade, thank you.

Vix4 E2 is now based on OpenATV bizarrely lol

Standard OpenViX works perfectly well. I've tweaked my backup settings so that I can flash a new image and restore settings and be back up and running in 8 minutes.

Vix4 E2 is now based on OpenATV bizarrely lol

Standard OpenViX works perfectly well. I've tweaked my backup settings so that I can flash a new image and restore settings and be back up and running in 8 minutes.

Do you know if Vix4E2 has transparent black subtitles via the subtitle button?

That's one main reason i'm planning on going to that image from the crashing sucmnsee latest Vix backup.

Have you made a backup of the latest standard vix image mate?

If so i may download your backup (I need plugin feed working, mgcamd 1.38 on it, ABM working on it)

Does your backup have them already installed?

I have a H.2H so if you do have the latest backup will it work on the H.2H?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Can't see Vix4 having different subtitles to ATV seeing as it's based on it now.

I'm updating my image for the H2S tomorrow. If you can hang fire till then I'll do one for the H2H as well. (put cable bouquets on and H2H branding).

Can't see Vix4 having different subtitles to ATV seeing as it's based on it now.

I'm updating my image for the H2S tomorrow. If you can hang fire till then I'll do one for the H2H as well. (put cable bouquets on and H2H branding).

Yes please inform me when you have the H.2H one ready with the branding all set for H.2H :P

Oh and make sure it has ABM installed not AutoBouquets E2...

So excited, thank you Willo3092

Last edited:
Grog's Movie Organizor, USB format, IPTV Player and the usual really. I try not to put too many on.
Both ABM and ABE2. CCcam, Mgcamd and probably Oscam.
Thank you so much, will flash your build in a moment and leave feedback regarding any issues i come across.

- - - Updated - - -

Grog's Movie Organizor, USB format, IPTV Player and the usual really. I try not to put too many on.
Both ABM and ABE2. CCcam, Mgcamd and probably Oscam.

Ok i have the image installed and running, got three issues already..

How can i set the channel to zap on a specific channel because on start up it keeps zapping blank as i imported my Bouquet backup?

Half my plugins don't display in Plugins rather in the portal mode you have set, anyway i can make all the plugins appear such as picture player and the IPTV?

Oh and where is your bootlogo stored because i'm trying to add my own and it wont change?

Last edited:
FAV button > Highlight the channel you want as startup > Menu > Set as startup service (or just highlight BBC1 HD and stop using as startup).

FTP to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions and delete pluginhider.

Bootlogos in etc/enigma2.

FAV button > Highlight the channel you want as startup > Menu > Set as startup service (or just highlight BBC1 HD and stop using as startup).

FTP to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions and delete pluginhider.

Bootlogos in etc/enigma2.

thanks how about the menu screen, the restart and standby appear at the top, is this a mod you have done? Anyway it can be reverted at the bottom like this?

Also when you long hold the power button, the restart gui is at the top i would prefer it to be last can this also be done?
image.jpg

Last edited:
MenuSort in plugins.
When I'm experimenting with stuff I like to have restart GUI 2 clicks away
Lol was looking at that now xD

Just removed it didn't know how to get onto the next screen if i wanted to edit a function inside one of the tabs..

Thanks once again

How about removing plugins, basically softcams and skins don't appear.. Can this be added or would i always have to FTP to the Extensions/System Plugins location?

MenuSort - long press OK to get to sub menus.

I didn't install the skin through the plugin menu and have already removed the existing ones so the category has probably given up and disappeared.
Just add whatever skin you want and the category will reappear. Kiddacs skin has never been in the plugin downloads.
Just delete anything you don't want via FTP.

MenuSort - long press OK to get to sub menus.

I didn't install the skin through the plugin menu and have already removed the existing ones so the category has probably given up and disappeared.
Just add whatever skin you want and the category will reappear. Kiddacs skin has never been in the plugin downloads.
Just delete anything you don't want via FTP.

Alright done everything..

I deleted CrossEPG accidentely and tried reinstalling can you please upload me the files i need via FTP for the CrossEPG files (The sources and the Cross EPG system plugin)

I tried installing another one from the forum and it won't appear after reboot on installation

Last edited:
Sorry mate, I'm at work. Why would you want CrossEPG? It's flaky at the best of times and particularly so on Zgemmas.

Sorry mate, I'm at work. Why would you want CrossEPG? It's flaky at the best of times and particularly so on Zgemmas.

It's because CrossEPG reminds me of notes and crosses.... Also because i been using it before and i guess the 'flaky' part depends on the version of Cross EPG you have.. I just need to know where each Cross EPG file is stored because my sources wont appear i have a backup from my old image will restore and try getting it working..

If not i'll start a new thread and hopefully someone can help me..

Sorry for disturbing you and i'm very thankful that you helped me mate <3

Will give you a treat in private message soon.

Back