Anyone Need Help with KODI on VIX

Its only the vu boxes that support kodi,Anyone with official openvix supported boxes on the latest firmware can now download the iptv media player through plugins and that works much better than kodi on enigma 2 boxes

I have kodi on an edision box running openvix but it's not very user friendly, is there something I might be doing wrong?

Kodi is rubbish on most enigma boxes,use the iptv media player,Depending what version firmware is on the box go into plugins,extensions and you may have it in there to download

Kodi is rubbish on most enigma boxes,use the iptv media player,Depending what version firmware is on the box go into plugins,extensions and you may have it in there to download

Can ya get iptv on edision boxes do ya know? Not having much joy finding it here.

Its only available on the newer openvix 4.2.16 in plugins so if your on an older build you will need an ipk file to add it

how do you mean not user friendly, can you describe further please? you can setup kodi to be as user friendly as you like. personally i prefer kodi

Yes, it's shite and doesn't really work.

Can't imagine it'd vary depending on the image but I have Kodi on a Solo2 and I can't add the aeon nox 5 skin with working shortcuts which I simplified for my parents, do you have any idea how I can fix this?

hi Janso, yes i have found a work around for that,
first install clean kodi
then follow this awsome guide by SmithOnline: http://www.techkings.org/vu-duo2-support/107371-demand-vu-boxes-solo2-duo2.html
this will install the on demand build of kodi, stick with the download process, i found it quite slow and tricky to complete, give time to load on first run
once installed you need to ftp to box and edit a file called default.py in media/hdd/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/default.py, open that file and find
'import pstats' and drop a # in front of it so:

old - import pstats

new - #import pstats

save and return to kodi/sky build
go into settings (bear with it) and install aeon nox or any other skin and notice no skin shortcut error and full skin shortcut support, this sky build seems to be the only way of having kodi fully functioning so credit to those guys for their hard work

Last edited:
Okay so I couldn't find my kodi folder on my hard drive (seems to be in /usr/share for me for whatever reason?) but anyway, couldn't find that folder. I downloaded the script as a zip and installed, changed that file as instructed and no luck really.

---------- Post Merged at 12:46 AM ----------

I also still get the skin error on the build you linked to. :(

Last edited:
Seems a lot of hassle janso when a fire stick will do the job for a few quid,There are thousands of posts with people umhappy with kodi on enigma boxes (why bother)

It is a lot of hassle, beginning to regret it. It isn't even 'proper' full Kodi, it's a release candidate of 16.1.

So yeah, wouldn't bother if anyone is thinking of getting a Vu receiver purely for the fact that it offers Kodi support. It's a great box with all the bells and whistles you could want but the Kodi add on is a bit shite. Mind, works better than Kodi direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post Merged at 01:25 AM ----------

Actually, I tell a lie. I've done what natrobuk said to do, and it didn't work originally. No difference whatsoever.

Just took a punt on rebooting the box, and it's working fine. Thanks a lot for the help.

It is a lot of hassle, beginning to regret it. It isn't even 'proper' full Kodi, it's a release candidate of 16.1.

So yeah, wouldn't bother if anyone is thinking of getting a Vu receiver purely for the fact that it offers Kodi support. It's a great box with all the bells and whistles you could want but the Kodi add on is a bit shite. Mind, works better than Kodi direct.

---------- Post Merged at 01:25 AM ----------

Actually, I tell a lie. I've done what natrobuk said to do, and it didn't work originally. No difference whatsoever.

Just took a punt on rebooting the box, and it's working fine. Thanks a lot for the help.

Av got mine running good on my solo2

Have got mine running using areswizard with pulse build wirking

Dunno if it was purely down to the skin issue but it seems a lot less sluggish since I fixed it.

Back