MINI Anyone own an Edison OS Mini Sat & Cable?

BeakyFord has one and says its great he did a post somewhere in the general sat section and based on that i recommended it to a friend on facebook he got the single cable version for his old man and says that's running great as well

I've set up a few Edison combo ones, very nice little box, got them pre-flashed with vix from WOS and they are just as easy to set up as any box, bees did an excellent guide on setting up a combo box on vix that will be of great assistance to you, everything you need to know will be in that thread.
Also don't be "blinkered" in to setting up a specific box, vix is vix, ATV is ATV, its like windows or android on many hardware manufacturers

---------- Post Merged at 02:12 PM ----------

In fact here it is lol

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

I've set up a few Edison combo ones, very nice little box, got them pre-flashed with vix from WOS and they are just as easy to set up as any box, bees did an excellent guide on setting up a combo box on vix that will be of great assistance to you, everything you need to know will be in that thread.
Also don't be "blinkered" in to setting up a specific box, vix is vix, ATV is ATV, its like windows or android on many hardware manufacturers

---------- Post Merged at 02:12 PM ----------

In fact here it is lol

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

Only problem is there is hardly any info about them on here whereas there are pages on Zgemma.

The thing is there's not much difference between enigma2 boxes setting up a zgemma and edison will be pretty much the same if not identical using the same software ie vix or openatv the only difference between them will be the built in Wifi and Bluetooth.

The thing is there's not much difference between enigma2 boxes setting up a zgemma and edison will be pretty much the same if not identical using the same software ie vix or openatv the only difference between them will be the built in Wifi and Bluetooth.

Right I understand, hence thats probably why theres no specific forum area on here for Edison boxes.

there are not too many things posted because the box works and customers were very happy with what they bought,and any minor issues can be checked on bees guide+ bonus side you get to look at tv without the messing.

there are not too many things posted because the box works and customers were very happy with what they bought,and any minor issues can be checked on bees guide+ bonus side you get to look at tv without the messing.

I know what your saying but I must admit apart from picture freezing ( which was my internet ) I have had no problems at all with the Zgemma. That said though, I am a complete novice so if spending another £30 on a decent second box will guarantee me trouble free viewing its definitely worth considering.

I have two Edision OS Mini combo boxes and I'm well pleased with them, that's why I got a second one. Thanks to the excellent Bees guide it was a breeze to set up. I have both sly and virmin set up.

Great boxes I have two but only for satellite, both perform very well and very pleased with them after owning zgemma's.
You will need to set it up from scratch as there are no ready made images for edision's on here but like has been said already follow bee's guide and you'll be up and running in no time, also it's a much more rewarding experience setting up from scratch and a good learning curve.

I too 1st thought there is little info on these boxes or how to set them up until I realized its all the same process on enigma2 systems so basically IF you follow Bees guide or kiddac barebones guide you wont have any issues, Im a huge fan of the zgemma's for the price but will confess the Edision is well worth its money & has more features so both boxes are top draw in performance vs cost!

I too 1st thought there is little info on these boxes or how to set them up until I realized its all the same process on enigma2 systems so basically IF you follow Bees guide or kiddac barebones guide you wont have any issues, Im a huge fan of the zgemma's for the price but will confess the Edision is well worth its money & has more features so both boxes are top draw in performance vs cost!

But is the Edison worth the extra money or should I say does the Zgemma do a good enough job its not worth spending the extra ??

worth spending extra money and one thing ,if you want to upgrade to higher spec box=quad tuner? box will sell itself as quality counts.

Ive just bought an edision mini twin tuner sat box,
what sold it to me was its officially supported and updates itself, so the missus can use it if Im working away and it will auto update for her, so no lost channels,
that was the main issue with my old skybox F5, the channels would constantly move and she would lose her programmes,
Im still in the process of getting it set up tho, with the help of a member on here, but it seems quite simple, even for a luddite technophobe like me.

Ive just bought an edision mini twin tuner sat box,
what sold it to me was its officially supported and updates itself, so the missus can use it if Im working away and it will auto update for her, so no lost channels,
that was the main issue with my old skybox F5, the channels would constantly move and she would lose her programmes,
Im still in the process of getting it set up tho, with the help of a member on here, but it seems quite simple, even for a luddite technophobe like me.

I think im sold on the idea. Get the hang of it mate and you can help me set mine up when I get it.(y)

thats why bees did a tut for people to read when setting box up on vix image then be no questions needed,one small step at a time simple.

But is the Edison worth the extra money or should I say does the Zgemma do a good enough job its not worth spending the extra ??

It depends really on what image you plan on using, if you want to use vix then defiantly go with the edision as its officially supported, if your going to use ATV then maybe save the extra £15 and go with the zgemma as its officially supported, in all honesty I got the edision as I'm a vix user and wanted the official support not for the wi-fi or Bluetooth as I will probably never use either, if I was using ATV then there probably wouldn't of been much reason for me to upgrade from my zgemma and I would of stuck with it.

It depends really on what image you plan on using, if you want to use vix then defiantly go with the edision as its officially supported, if your going to use ATV then maybe save the extra £15 and go with the zgemma as its officially supported, in all honesty I got the edision as I'm a vix user and wanted the official support not for the wi-fi or Bluetooth as I will probably never use either, if I was using ATV then there probably wouldn't of been much reason for me to upgrade from my zgemma and I would of stuck with it.

On my Zgemma I think I use ATV, ha ha I told you I was a novice. I downloaded Whooshbuild on it and found it very easy. To be honest I can bumble my way through setting these boxes up but if a box is nice and reliable, fast and easy to use/update once set up then im interested.

Back