Anyone put wooshbuild 7 on their 2s?

RustyMG

TK Veteran
Hi all,
Just noticed woosh v7 is available for the old 2S and it's to see if anyone has tried it?
The box literally ground to a halt with v5 and I've read in the H2S section that even on that box, v7 is noticably slower, so heaven help the trusty old 2S I'm thinking.
But, rather than listen to "he said she said" stories, I thought I'd ask if anyone has actually tried it.
Cheers!

Hi all,
Just noticed woosh v7 is available for the old 2S and it's to see if anyone has tried it?
The box literally ground to a halt with v5 and I've read in the H2S section that even on that box, v7 is noticably slower, so heaven help the trusty old 2S I'm thinking.
But, rather than listen to "he said she said" stories, I thought I'd ask if anyone has actually tried it.
Cheers!
Couldn't you make a back up of your image of v5 of wooshbuild then flash with v7 to see what it's like for yourself mate the 2s are slow boxes to me it dosnt matter what image it is it's down to the box capabilities I've got v7 on h2s and runs fine or have a watch of this mate

Last edited:
Hi all,
Cheers!

Hi Rusty I'm still using an old H1 box on cable which uses the 2S build on Wooshbuild V7 and I've had no problems whatsoever. I only use it for watching tv so it does all I need it to do.

Yeah I could (I regularly make backups on all my boxes) but the 2S takes.......so long......to do anything on, and I'd need to resetup my IPTV etc and thought I'd just ask incase everyone said dont, it's a waste of time tbh

Yeah I could (I regularly make backups on all my boxes) but the 2S takes.......so long......to do anything on, and I'd need to resetup my IPTV etc and thought I'd just ask incase everyone said dont, it's a waste of time tbh
Its a nice image I have it on my h2s and seems ok but that's a faster box than star 2s

Rusty....i tested it all on an old 2s in london and was actually surprised how well the iptv sub ran on it.
Channel changes are slow but that's the box.
IP service was 13mb d/l and the first slight freeze took over 24 hours to happen.
Bulk standard WB v7.002 setup and nothing removed which is how all these builds are first tested.

Fook....
I'd typed up a reply and hadn't hit submit last night....
Yeah, on the old S2 from scratch I had it up n running with my IPTV, the plugins I always add (eg bitrate viewer, audio sync for those streams where audio is slightly "out", VPN), and, the Sky skin in under 30 mins - most of which was just waiting for the poor bugger to do its thing.
There are still a few EPG standard settings that are clearly wrong by default I'm puzzled as to how they are still there as were present in v5, but yeah, I'd say it seems FASTER than v5.
Sure, it could be the placebo effect, but it's definitely not slower and I'd totally recommend it to everyone with a 2S if they want a quick install to get up and running with minimal effort.

Rusty....i tested it all on an old 2s in london and was actually surprised how well the iptv sub ran on it.
Channel changes are slow but that's the box.
IP service was 13mb d/l and the first slight freeze took over 24 hours to happen.
Bulk standard WB v7.002 setup and nothing removed which is how all these builds are first tested.
hi installed v7 ran fine for a while then the box locked up so then did a clean install through basebuild
but the same result when it reboots sometimes it works till you try and use the remote thinking of going back to v5 any help please

The only issues I've had was it sometimes not displaying the IPTV EPG. Even if I did a manual download, it would say it was fine.....and nowt in the EPG. Same settings as with v5 and never had the issue then.
Strange.....

hi installed v7 ran fine for a while then the box locked up so then did a clean install through basebuild
but the same result when it reboots sometimes it works till you try and use the remote thinking of going back to v5 any help please
What did box get locked up for lol you might be better posting in general sattalite section wooshbuilds support thread I have it on star 2s and runs ok on v7 of wooshbuild

Back