Anyone recommend a good Android Box

Which version of the Minix Neo do people usually go for? there seems to be loads of different versions. Quad Core, Octa Core, simple handset, double sided handset, tiny keyboard, Windows, Android Lollipop, Android Marshmellow?
I just want to replace the CS Skybox in the bedroom that no longer works with anything other than FTA channels. 1080P output a must.

Will the TZ95 run channel 4s all 4 catch up app? Anyone know please? :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have a drawer full of android boxes which i've used over the last few years and are now redundant, makes such as minix,droidbox and mygica which at the time were all considered to be top of the range but as with all manufacturers as they bring out the newer models, support for the older ones stops - thats business i suppose.
So now if i'm shopping for a new box, after seeing whats on the market my next stop is to check out a guy called superceleron who takes the stock firmware or similar, gets shut of the shit and improves it, if he has one this usually helps me decide. My latest box is the beelink gt1 ultimate s912 cpu, 3/32gb running nicely on supercelerons firmware.
There's also the guys from openelec and libreelec who do good work which can influence my decision.

I have a drawer full of android boxes which i've used over the last few years and are now redundant, makes such as minix,droidbox and mygica which at the time were all considered to be top of the range but as with all manufacturers as they bring out the newer models, support for the older ones stops - thats business i suppose.
So now if i'm shopping for a new box, after seeing whats on the market my next stop is to check out a guy called superceleron who takes the stock firmware or similar, gets shut of the shit and improves it, if he has one this usually helps me decide. My latest box is the beelink gt1 ultimate s912 cpu, 3/32gb running nicely on supercelerons firmware.
There's also the guys from openelec and libreelec who do good work which can influence my decision.
Yeah I know that guy I have a beelink gt1 standard version how easy is it to put his fw on box

Nvidia shield best by far I bought 2 :):(y):

ooohhh boast post :)
glad you are happy with it mate but for a lot of people price comes into it and i think the shield is up there with the most expensive, but it is from a top notch manufacturer.

Yeah I know that guy I have a beelink gt1 standard version how easy is it to put his fw on box
Hi mate, i'm not sure if i am breaking any techking rules by linking you to the site, so google the guys name and follow the links [ :rolleyes: it begins with f :rolleyes: ]
Do a bit of reading mate, flashing a new firmware can brick your box if you feck up some how [eg] using the wrong f/w for your box. IT WILL BE YOUR DECISION TO FLASH, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU FINISH UP WITH AN EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT.
Superceleron advises using amlogics 'usb burning tool' for that you will need a male to male usb cable, i normally go the sd card route using the software 'burn card maker'
When i got my gt1 ultimate the f/w it came with was awful, so i flashed celerons atv f/w which i never took to, a few days later beelink brought out a new f/w for the ultimate which i flashed but again seemed buggy, so i then flashed celerons 'normal android' f/w which i have been happy with, i think it is based on the wetek layout. All done via the sd card.
The only time i have needed the male to male usb cable was last year when i flashed my qbox, as it started to flash via sd card i moved the box and the power cable fell out, i hadn't pushed it home properly :mad: so i had a brick but usb burning tool brought it back to life, took hours though :)
Good luck mate, like i said do a bit of reading.

Hi mate, i'm not sure if i am breaking any techking rules by linking you to the site, so google the guys name and follow the links [ :rolleyes: it begins with f :rolleyes: ]
Do a bit of reading mate, flashing a new firmware can brick your box if you feck up some how [eg] using the wrong f/w for your box. IT WILL BE YOUR DECISION TO FLASH, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU FINISH UP WITH AN EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT.
Superceleron advises using amlogics 'usb burning tool' for that you will need a male to male usb cable, i normally go the sd card route using the software 'burn card maker'
When i got my gt1 ultimate the f/w it came with was awful, so i flashed celerons atv f/w which i never took to, a few days later beelink brought out a new f/w for the ultimate which i flashed but again seemed buggy, so i then flashed celerons 'normal android' f/w which i have been happy with, i think it is based on the wetek layout. All done via the sd card.
The only time i have needed the male to male usb cable was last year when i flashed my qbox, as it started to flash via sd card i moved the box and the power cable fell out, i hadn't pushed it home properly :mad: so i had a brick but usb burning tool brought it back to life, took hours though :)
Good luck mate, like i said do a bit of reading.

so let me get this right i can use 'burn card maker pn my beelink gt1 standard to flash celerons firmware via SD Card.

so let me get this right i can use 'burn card maker pn my beelink gt1 standard to flash celerons firmware via SD Card.

Hi again Getrom29, looking at your reply i can only guess you did not take my first piece of advice - do a bit of reading :(y):

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...ink-android-tv-box/gt1/firmware-roms-tools-cg

The above should take you to the forum you require, have a read and choose your new f/w carefully, other steps maybe required depending on the hardware of your gt1.

The following is a copy/paste for the Ultimate but the procedure is the same.

this is all i did, be aware if it all goes tits up there is no one to blame but you
crushed.png

download your preferred firmware, unzip it, make sure you get the one for your box.
download and install Burn Card Maker, the quickest way is to google it and follow the link back to this site.
install your sd card to your laptop/pc, i usually format mine but it doesn't matter as BCM does this.
run BCM - select sd card in 'choose disk' - tick all except 'erase bootloader' -select your unzipped image file - 'make' - and let it do its stuff.
power down your ultimate and install the sd card.
the only other thing plugged into the box is the hdmi cable.
turn the ultimate upside down and lay it flat you will see a tiny hole in the base.
find yourself a safety pin or something similar that is small enough to go in the hole, keeping it straight push the pin in the hole and you should hear a click from a tiny micro switch, practice a few times.
press in the pin and power on your ultimate.
if all is going well you will see the android guy doing his thing, remove the pin.
make sure you turn your tv to the correct hdmi output for your box, my tv won't let me do this while i first power on the box.
takes around 6 minutes for process to complete.
good luck.

I have an openbox v8s as y'all know the channels went ,, so I bought an IPTV sub for it ,,, the sub is fine but the box is terrible ,,,, what's my cheapest option ?
Any help would be appreciated . Not much cash left as I bought a good sub
Was thinking fire TV box , will it be hard to transfer my sub too it...

Again any help much appreciated

Hi again Getrom29, looking at your reply i can only guess you did not take my first piece of advice - do a bit of reading :(y):

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...ink-android-tv-box/gt1/firmware-roms-tools-cg

The above should take you to the forum you require, have a read and choose your new f/w carefully, other steps maybe required depending on the hardware of your gt1.

The following is a copy/paste for the Ultimate but the procedure is the same.

this is all i did, be aware if it all goes tits up there is no one to blame but you
crushed.png

download your preferred firmware, unzip it, make sure you get the one for your box.
download and install Burn Card Maker, the quickest way is to google it and follow the link back to this site.
install your sd card to your laptop/pc, i usually format mine but it doesn't matter as BCM does this.
run BCM - select sd card in 'choose disk' - tick all except 'erase bootloader' -select your unzipped image file - 'make' - and let it do its stuff.
power down your ultimate and install the sd card.
the only other thing plugged into the box is the hdmi cable.
turn the ultimate upside down and lay it flat you will see a tiny hole in the base.
find yourself a safety pin or something similar that is small enough to go in the hole, keeping it straight push the pin in the hole and you should hear a click from a tiny micro switch, practice a few times.
press in the pin and power on your ultimate.
if all is going well you will see the android guy doing his thing, remove the pin.
make sure you turn your tv to the correct hdmi output for your box, my tv won't let me do this while i first power on the box.
takes around 6 minutes for process to complete.
good luck.
I see what you say I know about that site was just trying to clear up about if I can do one or the other. As the sd card option is easier.

Thanks for your help
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...wise-s92-2-16-scv2-beta-7-1-9377-wifi-chipset

This is the one I need checked on. Back off box etc

Currently on beelink 113mo

Back