Anyone recommend a HD twin tuner

fizzz33

As the heading says I need to record progs for the other half who works nights. Got a Blade but it doesn't do what it claims to do as its only a single tuner and has problems recognising hard drives. Any recommendations would most appreciated.
Frank

original vu+duo has twin tuners £289 or £339 with 500gb internal hdd,its an old box that is been phased out shortly for the new duo2

Cheers Might just wait for the new one to come out and see the reviews. Have seen threads about the VU+duo but they seem to be a lot of Chinese clones about so you don't really know what your buying. Thanks for the reply. Frank

plenty of uk sites selling originals,dont buy off ebay and not from china as return postage is a killer.:woohoo:

Hi, you would also need twin inputs from LNB on sat dish (or 2 cables into house from dish same as sky+) to be able to watch one channel and record another.
All sorted now bought a VU+Ultimo with Bllack Hole image a brilliant piece of kit once you suss the connection out. But good luck if you go that way as nobody gives you info on setting them up for novices. You have to trawl through sites picking up bits of info here and there. It took me 3 weeks to sort out as I found it a very difficult learning curve.

Back