Are sly faffin with the service ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local clan of pirates have just fitted some in-line boosters between dish and box---glitching and freezing down to minimum now---don't know why but seem to work [except on sky broadband]
Reaper.

Our local clan of pirates have just fitted some in-line boosters between dish and box---glitching and freezing down to minimum now---don't know why but seem to work [except on sky broadband]
Reaper.

Hi,a Reaper any info on what boxes they have been used on plus what boosters have been used, And how much as it improved it?
Cheers.

Reaper.

Hi,a Reaper any info on what boxes they have been used on plus what boosters have been used, And how much as it improved it?
Cheers.

these are the type of thing generally used

Easy Fit Satellite Signal Amplifier Booster & Short Patch Lead for Sky & Freesat | eBay

Reaper.

Cheers.

these are the type of thing generally used

Easy Fit Satellite Signal Amplifier Booster & Short Patch Lead for Sky & Freesat | eBay

Yes I,ve seen them before cheers mate.

Reason I asked on what boxes they have been used on is simply because if its only certain boxes or all types of boxes that your going to get enough of an improvement to get rid of the glitching.
My signals quite good as it stand. But still get the glitches. :(
Has said by someone in thread he as two zgemmas, And did a little compare on them while his glitching has been going on.
http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/103561-sly-faffin-service-6.html#post583425 post 77.
I know there cheap and worth a try but if tests have been done maybe a little more info wouldn,t go a miss. :)

Plus we are only using them in conjunction with the V8 Golden/Super and V7 max---haven't tried on other boxes because we are not running them.
Can't say they will work for you or not but we are getting a marked improvement.
It's your bat if you want to try.
Reaper.

Tested 3 lines from here as old one was freezing alot. All 3 are freezing at exact same time on same channel. Compared side by side on 2 different boxes. Signal/internet is perfect, something is going on for sure.

Plus we are only using them in conjunction with the V8 Golden/Super and V7 max---haven't tried on other boxes because we are not running them.
Can't say they will work for you or not but we are getting a marked improvement.
It's your bat if you want to try.
Reaper.

Oh yer for the silly price of them its worth a try, Not going to break the bank .lol
Cheers for the info. Much appreciated.

Have one of these sitting somewhere in the house but ironically my line is a lot better today (one glitch in last 2 hours). If things get worse later i will fit it and report back on how it goes with the zgemma H2S

Ive had tele on this since 5 this morning and I only seen one little glitch, was on movies and sports, turned it over to sly 1 and other channels and its worse than ever but the sports and movies will play it just dont make sense

Just tried with a V8s but not showing any real change, also no difference on the Skybox F3s but my friend says there is an improvement on his V8s so sorry, no real results from testing.
Reaper.

This has absolutely nothing to do with bad signal strength or IPv6.

It's bad ecms. Coming from a bad cache or sky changes (less likely but possible)

Servers wth with dedicated cards only aren't having problems.

to all who are on sky broadband on zgemma boxes

Menu
setup
system
network
adapter settings
click blue for edit DNS
change nameserver 1 to 208.67.222.222
change nameserver 2 to 208.67.220.220
press save
sky themselves have changed to iptv6 which everybody on sky internet needs to do this
could work on other providers that are having the same problems
turn off dchp if that doesnt work then type it in
hope that helps??

Tried this now now I'm. Not getting Internet to the box

As I've said earlier it's bad cache - it's not your broadband.

Ask this question to yourself - why are people with VM (cable) broadband getting the same freezing issues when the network architecture is different?

I've actually now found some servers albeit very hard to find which have the normal odd glitch

Last edited:
More likley its cheap vps from server side than sly messing. easy to blame I guess.

---------- Post Merged at 01:53 PM ----------

1or 2 glitches every 15 minutes....lol.

Ask this question to yourself - why are people with VM (cable) broadband getting the same freezing issues when the network architecture is different?

I've actually now found some servers albeit very hard to find which have the normal odd glitch

my friend is on VM he has no problems at all and hes usings same dude for his line as me ?

my friend is on VM he has no problems at all and hes usings same dude for his line as me ?

Possibly down to what channels your watching.

Not all channels will clear from the same cache.

Try both watching the same channel.

Also compare mg_cfg files

I have to agree that it's not a internet problem. But I do think it might be area related as mine was shocking 2 weeks back but now it's been spot on. But we live right on the southcoast. So in some way could be internet problem if there changing something per area but only a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This has absolutely nothing to do with bad signal strength or IPv6.

It's bad ecms. Coming from a bad cache or sky changes (less likely but possible)

Servers wth with dedicated cards only aren't having problems.

So let me summarise here.
A one year member to this service knows the answer and all the other users with reported problems are on bad servers ?
How do you then explain where multi users on the same server are reporting totally different answers to the glitching content ?
How do you explain servers that have been rock solid for a few years suddenly having these problems ?
Why are there so many complaints on the official sky site complaining about no/poor tv signals and internet in the last few days all over the UK ?
Why does one of my servers that only has local cards in use glitch as much as those offshore based and using the cache no doubt ?
Why does my mate's server again using local cards in a small setup have the same glitching occurring but only starting in the last week or so and only on 28.2E connections.
Perhaps with your expert knowledge you could enlighten us all with these answers ?
And your great new server you have since 3/9/16 is hardly a testament to how good the service is for a couple of days!
I have loads of users paying half of the price you are with no problem from the same server so perhaps you can explain that as well ?
We are all entitled to an opinion but best to keep it as an opinion rather than state it as a fact ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back