Are you allowed to sale cloud ibox or linux box

Life2

Ok guys i know s***ybox f5s or others are not allowed to be sold. What if you sale the cloud i box it self only installed openpli or vix no any other software installed or ch list are you allow to sale it.

Last edited:
with vu boxes they can be sold with images but no cams are on boxes and no lines so boxes are blank ,one needs to add the extras for box to work,selling boxes as plug and play is dangerous.one also has to know crappy boxes from good ones.

why arent they allowed to be sold? they are free to air boxes, nothing illegal about them as long as they are sold without 'gifts'. you will find skyboxes have been renamed to openbox for copyright reasons

with vu boxes they can be sold with images but no cams are on boxes and no lines so boxes are blank ,one needs to add the extras for box to work,selling boxes as plug and play is dangerous.one also has to know crappy boxes from good ones.

Well box sold with openpli img without any addon only install the img nothing else no cam or tsmedia or ts panel not even channel list. The box are not VU boxes they are cloud ibox

---------- Post Merged at 12:28 AM ----------

why arent they allowed to be sold? they are free to air boxes, nothing illegal about them as long as they are sold without 'gifts'. you will find skyboxes have been renamed to openbox for copyright reasons

as i mentioned above the box sold with openpli without addon or even channel list and gift the only think is installed is the software like openpli or vix.

that would be correct as user decides what they want so dont assume its for 28.2 as might be using on another sat with a different set of channels.user has to program their likes to get box running to what they need ,boxes have been like that for a while.
base image and user adds to the box.

remember not a plug and play unit.

that would be correct as user decides what they want so dont assume its for 28.2 as might be using on another sat with a different set of channels.user has to program their likes to get box running to what they need ,boxes have been like that for a while.
base image and user adds to the box.

remember not a plug and play unit.

Yes that's right user will decide what they want to do i only install the finware which is openpli or vix. I never sale the box plug and play.

are openpli or vix or blackhole legel to install with the box.

---------- Post Merged at 12:39 AM ----------

Yes that is not illegal as you are not facilitating the use of illegal servers

Yes that's right I'm not breking any law or terms.

no problem with firmware as the firmware itself is not illegal until you put on an illegal server, which of course you are not going to do, because it is illegal!!!!!! lol

no problem with firmware as the firmware itself is not illegal until you put on an illegal server, which of course you are not going to do, because it is illegal!!!!!! lol

So we are ok no way i will never sale withilegel server or cam or even tsmedia or tepanel is just a clean firmware.
time to time i do get email rgarding illegal activity but never respond it always ignore it..

---------- Post Merged at 01:03 AM ----------

I heard those s***ybox sold on ebay even with free to air are not allowed is that right.

i think there is a dispute between the manufacturers and bskyb so thats why they renamed it and i think ebay have frowned upon the sale of skybox because of that. If you clearly state on your sale page that you do not sell 'gifts' and that the boxes are FTA boxes then ebay wont be able to do much about you selling them, just look at how other major sellers have worded their descriptions and copy them, lets face it, copying works for the chinese lol

i think there is a dispute between the manufacturers and bskyb so thats why they renamed it and i think ebay have frowned upon the sale of skybox because of that. If you clearly state on your sale page that you do not sell 'gifts' and that the boxes are FTA boxes then ebay wont be able to do much about you selling them, just look at how other major sellers have worded their descriptions and copy them, lets face it, copying works for the chinese lol

Yes i can see that they renamed and im not planing to sale those boxes anyway now or in the future just askeing if it is legal.
i have also heard s**y is going after those people who only sale the box itself i dont know if this is true.
copyright works forChinese everytime and there nothing they can do.

The thing to remember here is that it's the receiver it self that can not be legally sold in the UK or Europe due to it being a counterfeit aka illegal copy or clone. The images them selves are not illegal as they are produced for FTA viewing only, unless you put softcams and illegal shares on them. That said there are more than enough idiots on ebay selling them so take your chance if you will.

Twice I have tried to sell FTA used Skyboxes and both times Ebay have removed them after complaints from BSB for copyright infringement.

Strange thing was, there were still hundreds of listings from bussiness "box shifters" still on Ebay at the time, a lot of them openly selling with gifts. Yet my listing for a single Skybox, with no gift, was removed.

Of course, Ebay doesn't investigate anything like this themselves, they just poo their pants & do whatever the big companies tell them to do, even if they are wrong. And you cannot discuss it any further with Ebay. They just include a link to BSB if you think the decision is wrong, which gets you nowhere.

I'm still trying to find out if BSB actually own the copyright to the word "Skybox". I'm not sure if they do.

idiots or/and/rip off merchants =no support or warranty---or original units with back up support-----pay cheap pay thrice for some.

idiots or/and/rip off merchants =no support or warranty---or original units with back up support-----pay cheap pay thrice for some.

If you buy this shit you deserve to be ripped off in my opinion, clones may seem like the quick and cheap option but they dont put any thing back into research and development and that is what keeps us all going with new features and plugins, such as the new XBMC offerings from Mut@nt and Vu+. plus as you said not having a leg to stand on when this cheap trash does break down.

the only problem i have with vu is how long will i have them,still got my original solo must be 4+ years,life of a clone??? + other boxes like tm1000d my first box via sd and still works 7+years.

I have had my Uno for 4 years, infact mine was one of the first prereproduction beta's with a handwritten lot number inside instead of a serial number and it is still working as good today as it was then, even the Two duo's I had are still working, I would like to see a cloud ibox last that long.

I also still have a DM7020 SI that's ten years old and it still works.

The thing to remember here is that it's the receiver it self that can not be legally sold in the UK or Europe due to it being a counterfeit aka illegal copy or clone. The images them selves are not illegal as they are produced for FTA viewing only, unless you put softcams and illegal shares on them. That said there are more than enough idiots on ebay selling them so take your chance if you will.

how come the box not to be sold in uk or eu.

I see sellers selling them with no issue. Sure sold as free to air and not install any softcam

Last edited:

how come the box not to be sold in uk or eu.

I see sellers selling them with no issue. Sure sold as free to air and not install any softcam

Because the receiver is a illegal counterfeit, and just because you see others doing it does not make it legal.

you take the risk if you want to but if you are visited by trading standards the argument that you thought they were ok because others were selling them wont fly.

Back