Are you put off replying to poorly written posts?

What you have as well is people from different continents . Using the forum.So English is not there First language. As long as you can help it's no problem to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's very simple if you wan to help then help. If you thinks it's too much trouble for you to read a post that isn't 100% correct Queens English just scroll on past, maybe the next person along will help without being judgemental.

It's very simple if you wan to help then help. If you thinks it's too much trouble for you to read a post that isn't 100% correct Queens English just scroll on past, maybe the next person along will help without being judgemental.

I'm not talking about a post being 100% correct. I'm talking about the posts where it's that illegible through spelling mistakes, missing grammar, text speak, missing spaces etc you have to read it three times to try and make sense of it and then you're still not sure what they mean.

I'm not talking about a post being 100% correct. I'm talking about the posts where it's that illegible through spelling mistakes, missing grammar, text speak, missing spaces etc you have to read it three times to try and make sense of it and then you're still not sure what they mean.

If it's that bothersome to you why would you read it three times?

Like I've said if you don't help then someone else will.

Yes but like I said Not everyone on the site is English Yet they have to write there problem in English Which is not there fault ?

Because I want to help. If the OP can't be bothered to take some time and effort on their post however, why should I or any other member be expected to?

Yes but like I said, not everyone on the site is English, yet they have to write their problem in English which is not there fault?

I would agree and I do feel some sympathy for them if English isn't their primary language. More often that not though, I get the impression the OP is English themselves but for whatever reason, makes a complete hash of the post.

Last edited:

Because I want to help. If the OP can't be bothered to take some time and effort on their post however, why should I or any other member be expected to?

You don't have to help, you help because you want to help.

Bad spelling or grammar doesn't really bother me because I know my own isn't perfect.

If I can help on a post I will regardless of how it's written.

Text type is the one which does me in. Puts me right off to the point where I want to reply with "if you type real words you may get some help" - but I am good and don't.

Asking the same questions........... asking the same questions............

Not so much the same question when a thread has had a massive cull as the answer and question may have been removed, but the other day someone asked a question which had been answered only two or three posts previous to theirs.... now that p*sses me off as they just can't be bothered to read anything and just want an answer.

Sitting on the fence as I do.... it is very hard I think for all of those who want to help and are willing to help when they have to fight through a really bad post. My spelling is shite and usually has a load of red lines under what type. Some are typos and I miss them, but on a whole I will try my best to understand what the OP is asking.... but some really have no care taken with them at all. Even a badly spelled post but with more info than "how do i flsh" would be nice.

The last say or always right..........

I try my hardest not to be seen with an attitude of always being right, because, although I am never wrong, I am not perfect and don't actually know much compared to others so will openly say that I was wrong and will say sorry. If I am unsure, I will say I am unsure and give what I think to be right / true but when I am wrong, or learned something new I will hold my hands up and say.

No individual knows everything but as a collective who can work together, we can make a good team with a lot of knowledge about everything.

I have been a way for the last while and only getting caught up
and noticed loads of posts with items thatput me off posting

i have a box coming what do I do
im new and have a problem, but won't be home for hours and hours but il ask anyway
i know this has been asked loads, but don't want to search it
i have read the guide word for word and it's not workong
what the best
whats the difference and is it worth a few pound
everything at my end is perfect why is my illegal line not perfect
anything line related, as it is illegal

very rare there is a question that give us a challenge these days
sad I like a challenge

If I can get the jist of what someone is asking then I'll answer. Or, if their post is a bit confusing, you can usually tease some sense out of them. Benefits of having done time in a call centre I guess. lol

I constantly see poorly written posts (not just on this forum) that are in desperate need of a little spell checking, grammar, punctuation, the use of proper words etc that really need some effort on the part of the reader to actually understand exactly the OP is trying to say.

Is there anyone else who feels these posts take too much effort to give an informative reply and just don't bother?

The resentment that criticism engernders can demoralize people.
People like you make people with poor education feel ashamed to post or ask a questions.

The resentment that criticism engernders can demoralize people.
People like you make people with poor education feel ashamed to post or ask a questions.

I have poor spelling and grammar and I will never learn I just cant get my head around it, that's why Im glad we are able to edit post because when I posts I then realise my errors and try to correct it so it makes sense but no matter what I do there will always be poor grammar in my posts, my advise is dont be ashamed if your illiterate try your best to make a post hopefully someone will make sense of it and brake it up for you.

Gentlemen--it seems pretty obvious that most are here ranting away out of sheer boredom and also a bit of malice.
People come to techkings to learn or obtain help, not to be abused because their english is poor or they have problems using a pc---I have a 21year old fully autistic boy who cannot read or write correctly and tries to use a keyboard--he asks lots of questions, needs lots of help etc but people do not rant at him--he's human and it's not his fault that he has a problem.
So please think carefully before you make insensitive remarks--if someone asks for help etc and you cannot get the gist then go back to them and you will eventually understand their needs.
Be patient but most of all be sensitive to others that are maybe not as you or educated as you.
Understand people.
Reaper.

Back