Aspect ratio problems

Delta

I've been using OpenATV for ages on my H.2H, with it set to display 4:3 content as Pillarbox, and >16:9 content as Letterbox. All was fine - old 4:3 stuff displayed with black bars down the side, and 16:9 stuff filled the screen.

However, since about a month ago, it seems to think that 1920x1080 (and 720x576 for that matter) video is >16:9, and puts it in letterbox mode! The picture is now "squashed" down and has black bars top and bottom. Setting is to "auto" kind of solves it, but it jumps back and forth, especially during adverts.

Here are some screenshots, you can see that the video stream is 16:9, but OpenATV thinks it is wider than 16:9. (It is the same on both Cable and Sat)

--------Hmmmm, I have just gone to take some screenshots though the WibIF - and they DO NOT have the black bars, but it DOES on the telly! The telly is NOT doing it itself, as the Skin fills the screen correctly, but the video doesn't. I've attached a photo showing the bars, and a screenshot where all is OK..

Has anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

• 720x576.jpg
    720x576.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 37
  • photo 720x576.jpg
    photo 720x576.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 33
dont have tv running on auto and recheck wizard with what you setup box for and try stopping skin?

TV is set to 16:9, (not auto). Have changed to SlyHD skin from V-skin, still exactly the same. This is really annoying me (I'm a stickler for a correct aspect ratio!), it used to be fine, I haven't changed anything or reflashed the box, so why is it now doing this! Really weird how the screenshots don't have the same problem though.

Just watching some old 4:3 stuff (M*A*S*H to be precise, they don't make 'em like they used to!), and Letterbox mode doesn't work either.
The aspect ratio DOES change automatically when streaming into VLC, but not when watching on the telly. I also note that the "Video wide:" on the WebIF does change from between true & false depending on the programme.

What is going on? And why has it only just bloody started happening?

Back