Attempted remote viewing. Box rebooted with fault. Now no sky channels

caudy92

Hi guys,

Tonight I tried to remote view the box from outside the home network which I managed to do tempolarily as the IP hadn't changed in the house. However while still playing around with my internet settings the box rebooted with an error and wouldn't start. I turned off and turned back on to where it booted up correctly, but no sky channels are working only FTA. Any ideas or suggestions? Ive scrawled the forum and internet/ youtube trying to fix it but I'm out of luck.

I have only had the box around 4 weeks so surely this gift hasn't gone yet? (I bought two from the same seller and the other one still works).

I can't get into the box on firezilla either due to the password being changed i presume and I don't know this.

Sorry if this has been asked anywhere. Hit me up with a link if you have one to anywhere helpful.

Thanks for your time

Have you checked the softcam (Cccam or mgcamd) you are using for your line has actually restarted when the box rebooted.

Have you checked the softcam (Cccam or mgcamd) you are using for your line has actually restarted when the box rebooted.

Yes I have checked I have active: mgcamd 1.38.

There is also a selection for CCcam 2.3.0 which is selected too along with mgcamd. 1.38 both with green ticks at the side.

I have contacted the guy who I purchased the box from and he said the servers are all up and running. meaning it has to be something from my end. But I can't figure it out.

You should only have one softcam running at once, untick one and stop it, then restart the other, if that don't work then switch to the other softcam you stopped and try starting that one and see, but only have one ticked and running at a time.

You should only have one softcam running at once, untick one and stop it, then restart the other, if that don't work then switch to the other softcam you stopped and try starting that one and see, but only have one ticked and running at a time.

Yes I have done this.

I believe I've spoken to someone who knows these boxes well. Here is where I am at.

Basically he has said the box needs a new gift even though its only a few weeks old. But heres where the catch is. Ive tried to get into the box through filezilla. But I cannot get access into the box as the password has been changed by the guy who set the box up for me.

The guy has told me that the person who set up the box has set it up in a way that allows him to access my box, while also not allowing me into the box. apparently he's added a special directory to the box that usually docent exist.

So he has told me the box needs to bet set up from scratch to work properly and to obtain a new gift.

I have only had the box 3 weeks off eBay. What would anyones recommendation be?

And is there no way of me entering the box without this password I haven't got?

You probably won't be able to access the box because setting up to view outside of network seems to mess up ftp access. To save your line download dreamexplorer plugin if not already installed start dreamexplorer navigate to usr/keys newcamd.list and CCcam.cfg if using openatv or etc on vix and write down the code

You probably won't be able to access the box because setting up to view outside of network seems to mess up ftp access. To save your line download dreamexplorer plugin if not already installed start dreamexplorer navigate to usr/keys newcamd.list and CCcam.cfg if using openatv or etc on vix and write down the code

Right, thanks for that.

Without this sounding daft, how can i install the plugin as its not already installed without ftp across?

go to plugins green to download, plugins, extensions

Sorry, I had already tried this. When i press the green button to download plugins it just says no new plugins found.

So I'm now stuck. I cant put a new line in either due to no access to ftp.

Have i reached the point where i will have to completely flash the box and buy a new line?

I'd be taking a backup to a USB stick (explore it for the details of your line) and reflashing. Don't like the idea that someone has access to your box (and thus your network at home) without any control from your POV

Yes I have done this.

I believe I've spoken to someone who knows these boxes well. Here is where I am at.

Basically he has said the box needs a new gift even though its only a few weeks old. But heres where the catch is. Ive tried to get into the box through filezilla. But I cannot get access into the box as the password has been changed by the guy who set the box up for me.

The guy has told me that the person who set up the box has set it up in a way that allows him to access my box, while also not allowing me into the box. apparently he's added a special directory to the box that usually docent exist.

So he has told me the box needs to bet set up from scratch to work properly and to obtain a new gift.

I have only had the box 3 weeks off eBay. What would anyones recommendation be?

And is there no way of me entering the box without this password I haven't got?
ok download dreamexplorer. that will allow you to get into the box but i would say you have lost all network connectivity.

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 PM ----------

ok i should have read on. lol. don't flash the box yet. i would get on to your man and tell him the problem you are having i think he is a bit of a scam artist. i give the line with every box i sell.

How can that specific chap access your box over the network - does he know your IP or has he setup a DDNS pointing to your box?

Don't understand why you would allow some chap to have access to your box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can that specific chap access your box over the network - does he know your IP or has he setup a DDNS pointing to your box?

Don't understand why you would allow some chap to have access to your box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, all what I've learned is through talking to some who has told me he has access.
However as i bought two boxes off the same person, I've looked at the other one and I'm able to get into this through filezilla using root and root.

Which leads be to believe when i tried to remote view the box i have messed up the ftp.

So I've basically locked myself out of the box. So to regain access have i got to refresh the full box to enable ftp to work once again.

I cannot figure how to install dream explorer plugin without ftp and there isn't anything to download when i select download on the box.

So I've got two questions. 1. is there any way i can save my line. 2. Do i 100% need to refresh to regain access.

Thanks

Sadly you'll need to reflash but get hold of the guy you brought it from to see if you can get the line details i had the same issue when trying to setup outside of network but I also had bootloop issues the only way to resolve it was factory reset router then reflash box if you just reflash you still won't be able to ftp

Hi guys my zgemma h2s ain't showing no channels apart from free view channels the epg guide works everything works apart from all the sky channels can anybody help please?

Back