ATV 6.1 a mess after software update

Done a software update on my Edision OS Mini for cable Openatv 1.6 last night, no problems whatsoever.

A reflash will be required as there was a dodgy kernel update that was effecting enigma boxes

Same 49 updates causing H52TC to stick on Boot, restored back up so not a big deal. Will the dodgy kernal update eventually be removed?

I've just installed the latest nightly ATV 6.1 on h7 and waiting for some software updates to appear to test it.

As mentioned above, I updated the software on 6.1 on my Edision Sunday with no issues so maybe the software update problems people are having is dependant on what type of receiver your using?

Last edited:
As mentioned above, I updated the software on 1.6 on my Edision Sunday with no issues so maybe the software update problems people are having is dependant on what type of receiver your using?
The Karnel changes where just for airdigital ie zgemma so it probably won't effect other boxes. I haven't had chance to reflash yet but latest images should sort it for zgemma

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I did an update yesterday on 6.1 using a h2s and it just stuck on boot, so had to use my backup image to get back up again, recon there’s still problems with some brands.

NO.... NOT UPDATING (via software update).... flash from scratch & then build image or online flash to update to the newest firmware & restore settings then add skins etc....you must use firmware created after the kernel change, simply software updating wont change the firmware

Yeh mate online flashed it last week, so just did software update yesterday. So when was the kernel change?

there have been two changes close together, most just corrected the 1st then came another change that was noticed 24th Nov, firmware from 24th onwards will update without issue, anything on firmware before this (even after the 1st change) must be reflashed with newer firmware before you can perform an update without locking the box up

Ok cheers, thanx for the info Beaky. I’ll flash again then, jeez it’s becoming a work up this cheap tv viewing.

Back