Auto Timer issue

foxsake

So got myself a Zgemma Star S2 last week, it was preflashed with openvix and already set up with an N line etc. Added a 1TB HDD and everything has been good, really like the box but am having a couple of issues with the autotimer that I can't get my head round.

Everything was recording correctly until tonight when I get conflicts (to be fair it's been flashing up since Saturday) with Hollyoaks to record at 18:30, Emmerdale at 19:00 and Eastenders at 19:30. All are set to only record for half an hour so no padding and it just will not record Emmerdale due to conflicts. I can (and have) recorded 2 shpws at the same time whilst watching a third which has been recorded so I would have expected this to work. I can't for the life of me work out what the problem is.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm completely new to all of this so apologise if this is obvious and I've missed something. Since I started reading this forum last week the info on here has been invaluable, especially the clock fix plugin!

Should also point out that this is clearly for the wife and not me.......

The only thing I can think of is - say you are watching BBC1 at 7pm and Hollyoaks was recording from 6:30pm until 7pm, then Emerdale begins at 7pm (so beginning to record when Hollyoaks was just finishing) then it may cause the conflict because there is no free transponder, in that Emerdale and the channel you are watching at 7pm are not on same frequency.

Try setting Hollyoaks recording to stop at 6:59pm and see if that helps you not miss any epsidodes of Emmerdale etc as he wife is trying to watch Champions league lol

Hopefully I've explained this clearly (prob not) and it might help, but I'm just guseeing to tbh

Menu
setup
service searching
tuner configuration. Make sure both are set to 28.2e.

When on regular viewing press green button and make sure you heres not another recording uv forgot about.

If that doesnt work try
Menu
setup
system
recording and playback settings
margin before and margin after recording, try setting to 0.
You may have done this as u said no padding.

If u use add timer instead of autotimer does it still happen?

Lastly if still no joy try changing the Begin and End of timespan to just cover the exact times rather than much wider range.

A possible work around..... Don't record Emmerdale....

Install the ondemand plugin - the itvplayer works really well and has all episodes of Emmerdale!

Thanks for all your help. I've come too the conclusion that it just just doesn't like Emerdale on a Tuesday so shell just have to get it on catch up!

Back