Auto Trader

sp0ngeb0b

Put my :car: on autotrader last week and chose the option to hide my number. 24 hours later I start getting texts about ppi, credit card approved etc but never replied to any as replying is proof of an active number. In all I got about a dozen spam texts thoughout the week. Now I've had this number for 15 years without any spam whatsoever as I never give it out and it's been registered with TPS since day one. I never phoned anybody back so how could this be possible? I called autotrader security department today to tell them what was happening and to pull the ad immediately and that I would advertise elsewhere. They began telling me it couldn't possibly be anything to do with them and that it was out of their hands which came across to me as bit of a tough shit attitude. This began to peeve me somewhat but instead of going into rant mode, I calmly suggested I would contact the information commissioner's office to investigate the incident and immediately got a full refund with some backpeddling ass-kissing apologies. They didn't ask, so I never mentioned that the car sold over the weekend. Not had any more spam, got my 55 quid back and sold my car but somehow it wasn't as satisfying as a good justified rant where you dish out a torrent of abuse for 30 seconds until they hang up on you.
Well **** YOU AUTOTRADER, **** YOU **** YOU **** OFF AND DIE! :guns:
sp0ngeb0b 1, autotrader 0.
Ahh that's much better now.

(apologies for profanity but you're gonna get that in a good rant and this is the rant section)

Autotrader have become desperate because ebay and gumtree have now captured the market-a few traders stick with it because of the discounts they get for selling 10+ cars but if it's gonna sell on autotrader it's gonna sell on gumtree and for free

Back