auto updates?

Please forgive my stupidity but are there any boxes that don't require a channel list to be manually installed / upgraded. I use Cwaite for my Openbox V5S periodically to manually update my channel list but am wondering if there are boxes out there that update automatically?

Please forgive my stupidity but are there any boxes that don't require a channel list to be manually installed / upgraded. I use Cwaite for my Openbox V5S periodically to manually update my channel list but am wondering if there are boxes out there that update automatically?

Someone with a lot more knowledge will be along soon I'm sure.

But as far as I'm aware boxes capable of running autoboquete maker update automatically. You set a time, usually middle of the night and it updates for you.

Enigma 2 boxes can use a plugin called autobouquetmaker that you set up and then this will update your channels for you but it is updated manually ie you just select scan and it will give you the latest lists..There is also rats bouquets that you can arrange the channel order yourself using dreamedit or similar and then ftp transfer to box.
As far asi know there is no list that auto updates ABM is the closest.

set abm to do scan scan every day in the wee morning and also your 7day epg which also works on e2 boxes.

Thanks guys. Food for thought. Gives me room to do a bit more digging on the subject. Seriously considering an upgrade to my hardware after a year of using a V5S.

yes nice to have a working box without needing weekly attention lol

I hear ya!!!!!!!!

Is the Technomate Nano SE an example of an Enigma 2 box? From what I've read so far I THINK it may be but I'm not 100% certain. Again I'm looking to you guys for some assistance.

Will I be able to transfer my Ccam from the Openbox to this box? Also, any recommendations on what images etc to get pre-installed from purchase? I know it's only a single tuner BUT I'm more than happy with that, would I still be able to record with just having a single tuner (obviously whilst not watching live programming)?

Many thanks again to everyone.

Back