AutoBoquetsMaker - "Timeout for Tuner Lock"

r2v4

The following message keeps appearing every time I try to carry out a scan using AutoBoquetsMaker: "Timeout for Tuner Lock"

What could the possible issues be for this message to keep appearing? And how can i resolve them so that I can carry out a scan successfully?

Thank you all.

hi
if its twin tuners you got
the tuners must be set up wrong

Hi Yes it is twin tuners Zgemmea S2 box, when you say set up wrong what would be a way to check this? As in what is suppose to be the right way?

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 PM ----------

do you have your 2 sat tuners connected to 28.2 as it needs a free tuner to run scan.

Hi thanks for your response.

Yes the 2 tuners are connected to 28.2

So how do I run a scan? Am I suppose to disable one?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on this

First make sure ur feeds are in top lnb and bottom right, as u look at the back. The loop under the top one should be empty.

Menu
setup
service searching
tuner config. Make sure both say 28.2e

If those dont work check the ends of ur feed cables by taking off metal ends and making sure outer wire/foil arent touching inner copper core.

Last edited:
meaning you have 2 sat cables connected and working,can you view another channel while recording another if not tuner not working and will need checking.

First make sure ur feeds are in top lnb and bottom right, as u look at the back. The loop under the top one should be empty.

Menu
setup
service searching
tuner config. Make sure both say 28.2e

If those dont work check the ends of ur feed cables by taking off metal ends and making sure outer wire/foil arent touching inner copper core.

Yes all the above is correct.

I think I will have to check the wires tomorrow.

Only other thing is in software manager the MGcamd is showing up as 1.35a.....would this be an older version? because everywhere I read everyone is only talking about 1.38 for MGCamd.

If so where can I get the 1.38 MGcam version from thanks?

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 PM ----------

meaning you have 2 sat cables connected and working,can you view another channel while recording another if not tuner not working and will need checking.

Hi Yes the recording aspect does work whilst I watch another channel.

Another reason for this problem is after changing the configuration of tuner B you don't do a fresh channel scan you'll have this error. You just need to redo the channel scan, (ie Tuner B has been enabled when previously disabled ) otherwise ABM will just timeout...

Last edited:
Another reason for this problem is after changing the configuration of tuner B you don't do a fresh channel scan you'll have this error. You just need to redo the channel scan, (ie Tuner B has been enabled when previously disabled ) otherwise ABM will just timeout...

Apologies for my lack of understanding but how do i redo the channel scan so that Autoboquets doesnt come up with that error?

thanks.

you lost me on that also lol,even on solo2 or duo when tuners setup i just rerun abm and i would be using 1.38 for multi tuner boxes if running nlines.

Another reason for this problem is after changing the configuration of tuner B if you don't do a fresh channel scan you'll have this error. You just need to redo the channel scan, (ie Tuner B has been enabled when previously disabled ) otherwise ABM will just timeout...

ie Menu,Setup,Service Searching, Automatic Scan before running ABM and in ABM make sure previous bouquets are deleted - perhaps this is just an ATV thing but OP didn't state what image is in use...

Hi im a newbie and im having the same problem could someone tell me if there is a way to check the sat cables and signal strength.
Iv had my box for about a day and when i do an automatic scan it finds nothing, also ABM times out.
Many thanks Rob
Also my box is running openATV

you lost me on that also lol,even on solo2 or duo when tuners setup i just rerun abm and i would be using 1.38 for multi tuner boxes if running nlines.

Alright mate, why would 1.38 be better for a twin tuner running an nline?

---------- Post Merged at 04:46 PM ----------

Did you check your satellite lines are both working OK as mentioned in an earlier post?

Hi yes what I did was plugged the box using another set of wires that go into a legit sly box and I was having the same problem but I will try what mtpockets has suggested and see if that makes any difference

---------- Post Merged at 04:47 PM ----------

Another reason for this problem is after changing the configuration of tuner B if you don't do a fresh channel scan you'll have this error. You just need to redo the channel scan, (ie Tuner B has been enabled when previously disabled ) otherwise ABM will just timeout...

ie Menu,Setup,Service Searching, Automatic Scan before running ABM and in ABM make sure previous bouquets are deleted - perhaps this is just an ATV thing but OP didn't state what image is in use...

Thank you mate I will try this and see how it goes...ill try and post an update on it....hopefully this works!

Alright mate, why would 1.38 be better for a twin tuner running an nline?

1.38 Adds support for decoding however this will only make a difference for those with a motorised setup as it's additional features aren't used on providers using Astra. If it ain't broke I wouldn't bother fixing it!

Just to confirm make sure the cables from the dish are connected to the ports marked with a Y in the picture

backports.jpg

Last edited:
over on wos they advise using 1.38 on their boxes and many are only on fixed dish.the makers of the cams know about the bugs and suggested to change to 1.38 or 2.3.0 if having issues.

over on wos they advise using 1.38 on their boxes and many are only on fixed dish.the makers of the cams know about the bugs and suggested to change to 1.38 or 2.3.0 if having issues.

I'm not surprised WOS recommend as the bug fix was specifically for VU+ receivers so no real difference on the zgemma, if having issues I agree an upgrade to 1.38 makes sense but I don't think there's a need on this box.

was not just vu all enigma 2 receivers even on other images,sure i had 1.35a on my duo for years lol

yes you can upgrade or down grade as you wish.

1.35a was a patched version to include the fix so yes would have worked and yes this applied to all images not just Vix whereas 1.35 wouldn't work on the VU receivers. 1.38 was a re-write which included the fix properly written. I know to the average man this makes no difference but making me look daft doesn't often work ROFL Peace out :peace:

Back