AutoBoquetsMaker - "Timeout for Tuner Lock"

Haven't got cable You need to disable tuner a in service searching, tuner configuration then maybe sky UK in providers.

timeout for tuner lock

First make sure ur feeds are in top lnb and bottom right, as u look at the back. The loop under the top one should be empty.

Menu
setup
service searching
tuner config. Make sure both say 28.2e

If those dont work check the ends of ur feed cables by taking off metal ends and making sure outer wire/foil arent touching inner copper core.

I've had the same problem, but I only had one sat line feed in. To by-pass the problem a read the advice above and then disabled the second sat line in feed. Its worked a treat, so in my opinion is definitely something to do with the tuner config. I spent hours last night until a came across the above thread. Many thanks

i did the same as kermick after reading this thread, i was getting the same issue "crossepg error timeout for tuner lock", i only have one feed in the box at the minute other feed lying idle in the attic until i run it to the box, i just selected not configured on tunerB and then scanned CrossEpg again and bobs your uncle all channels scanned and epg loaded. might help someone else going forward...:-)

I have got the same problem guys so I had to disabled tuner b but both my cables work in tuner a so its not bad cables very funny here's my setting
fa9d29f84cef5ac51d7c87b51ca219a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the tuner configuration have you set b to same as a or single if single is it set for the correct satellite

I got a Zgemma s2 and only have a single feed as i live in a flat. Got the s2 as i am moving soon.
I kept getting tuner lockout error, so simply go to tuner b in the set up and set it to "Equal to" and select tuner a. Then scan and it will work.

Just doing the same here, and Equal to doesn't work and still gives the error. Custom Config for Tuner B > "Not Configured" fixed it..

Hi All,

My box just got stuck at the boot screen after a power loss so I have had the enjoyment of setting everything up again :whacko:, I got stuck trying to scan the ABM and the advice here said I should ensure that both Tuners were set to the same satellite. In contrary to this advice I have now found (remebered from the last set-up) that I have to set Tuner B to a random one, next one in the list. As soon as I do this the scan works perfectly.

Hopefully the OP has already sorted it but if it helps, there ya go.

I am having the same problem that when I run an ABM scan it comes up "tuning sky uk" and then "timeout for tuner lock", I have tried everything mentioned on this page such as tuner b in non config, tuner b set same as tuner a, and also as calibrator said set tuner b to the next one along. Nothing seems to work for me. I live in a flat with a communal dish on the roof but the tenant here before me had sky so there were two sky cables already here when I arrived.

When I check my signal strength tuner a is rapidly changing from SNR: 70-90% BER: 0 and a green tick next to "lock". Tuner b SNR: 79% and remains solid, BER: 0 and also a green tick next to lock. (This is when tuner b config is set to 28.2E). I have sucmnsee's image. When i run an "automatic scan" I picked up some 700 channels however it picked up itv about 7 times and several other channels were repeated. I wasn't happy with this so decided to re-flash the box, re-enter my line and I am still having the same problem when running and ABM scan.

I have made sure I have the cables in the right ports (the one that says loop has nothing in it). I can't see where I am going wrong, however it is my first box so would appreciate being pointed out to if I'm being an idiot and doing something basic wrong.

Thanks

I am having the same problem that when I run an ABM scan it comes up "tuning sky uk" and then "timeout for tuner lock", I have tried everything mentioned on this page such as tuner b in non config, tuner b set same as tuner a, and also as calibrator said set tuner b to the next one along. Nothing seems to work for me. I live in a flat with a communal dish on the roof but the tenant here before me had sky so there were two sky cables already here when I arrived.

When I check my signal strength tuner a is rapidly changing from SNR: 70-90% BER: 0 and a green tick next to "lock". Tuner b SNR: 79% and remains solid, BER: 0 and also a green tick next to lock. (This is when tuner b config is set to 28.2E). I have sucmnsee's image. When i run an "automatic scan" I picked up some 700 channels however it picked up itv about 7 times and several other channels were repeated. I wasn't happy with this so decided to re-flash the box, re-enter my line and I am still having the same problem when running and ABM scan.

I have made sure I have the cables in the right ports (the one that says loop has nothing in it). I can't see where I am going wrong, however it is my first box so would appreciate being pointed out to if I'm being an idiot and doing something basic wrong.

Thanks

I should have mentioned that I only have a single cable in Tuner A, that could be the reason why I have to change Tuner B to a different satellite. Maybe you could remove the Tuner B cable and try again, it's at least a useful test.

With regard to the extra channels make sure you have set the Provider to Sly UK and Area to your local Area Custom, also set Generate HD bouquet to No

Attachments

• 1_0_1_1839_7D9_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    1_0_1_1839_7D9_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 54
Disable tuner a instead... That's how I have it.. from tuner B. I am also in a block of flats with shared dish.
Note ; tuner B is the top tuner ... also tuner a is the bottom to the left ... the one below tuner B is loop out.

Have tried this now and still no joy, any experts out there please help!

I also have a Zgemma Star 2s and am getting the "Timeout for Tuner Lock" error message when scanning in the AutoBouquetsMaker. Both tuners are working, have done a full automatic scan before hand but can't seem to get past this error message. Have also tried scanning with only one tuner active, still no joy. Any ideas guys? I'm at a bit of a loss...

I have exactly the same issues as above. My tuner A will not pick up anything at all, but as soon as put the same cable into tuner B this finds a signal straight away.
I have just replaced a Skybox F5s which worked fine and when swapped tested back to old equipment still works no issue.
I have installed Zgemma star 2s Vix 3.2.021 sucmnsee full! Backup 02.12.2015 and set up exactly as the guide suggests. I have re-ended the cables even though know they work fine.
So my issue is any ideas for getting tuner A working set up exactly as tuner B. The only way to get the box to work is to disable tuner A but can not download the cross EPG without errors.The scan found 110 channels but no SD channels all HD.
Would appreciate any help...

I have tried every setting on the tuners and finally got Tuner A to pick up a signal if I go to the advanced settings but only picks a few channels up. Also the autoboquetsmaker still errors with tuner lockout.
I have ordered a new LNB and a satellite finder to retune the dish and see how this goes.

Back