AutoBoquetsMaker - "Timeout for Tuner Lock"

I have exactly the same issues as above. My tuner A will not pick up anything at all, but as soon as put the same cable into tuner B this finds a signal straight away.
I have just replaced a Skybox F5s which worked fine and when swapped tested back to old equipment still works no issue.
I have installed Zgemma star 2s Vix 3.2.021 sucmnsee full! Backup 02.12.2015 and set up exactly as the guide suggests. I have re-ended the cables even though know they work fine.
So my issue is any ideas for getting tuner A working set up exactly as tuner B. The only way to get the box to work is to disable tuner A but can not download the cross EPG without errors.The scan found 110 channels but no SD channels all HD.
Would appreciate any help...

Put the both cables I'm the bottom 2 tuners on the zgemma

Put the both cables I'm the bottom 2 tuners on the zgemma[/QUOTE]

No, they connect like this
zgemma-star-2s-rear-big-tuners-gw.png

Ok, not gonna argue.
Next time you put one in only connect the lower one on tuner b ( loop) and see what happens

Lol I'm not arguing, I've just changed my Box to the same as the diagram and their is no difference it works exactly the same as before with the cables going in the bottom 2, I can download epg and also do a channel scan.

---------- Post Merged at 08:36 AM ----------

Lol I'm not arguing, I've just changed my Box to the same as the diagram and their is no difference it works exactly the same as before with the cables going in the bottom 2, I can download epg and also do a channel scan.

this is very interesting... we have always been adviced to top left/bottom right.

I have just done some experiments on this. I set my default tuner to B.

Top left... playing fine. Recording fine.

unplugged tuner b, and put in bottom left. playing fine. Seems to record.

I tried recording multiple channels at once on tuner B and A. This seemed to record fine, but my recordings were a bit jumpy.

to further confuse things I have just had a look at the official manual anf this adds even more confusion. For single coax cable that suggests just putting in top left.

My brain hurts. For now I will stick to what I know. Top left / Bottom right. Multiple recordings don't seem glitchy that way. But it looks like either top or bottom for B works (but top left seems smoother)

manual1.JPG

manual2.JPG

hi guys .. I had a huge amount of trouble with this problem and the way i got mine working was by going into tuner config and going into tuner B and changing it to not configured.. worked after that !! hope this helps someone!!

is tuner b loop out for using a motorised sat dish as i see voltage written around the port? so maybe all three work depending on your setup?

I have Zgemma H2H, having the same problem (southren Ireland) tried everything with new vix images. Correct netid etc. Also getting SRN 29% tried with splitter without splitter, in my house and in friends house nothing worked. Send the box back and got replacement but still the same problem (Auto bouquets time out lock on vermin)
. some was saying " abm does not work in southren Ireland" any alternative?

Evidently, the same as the VU+ - Tune B is the primary tuner; hence the loop out from tuner B. Tuner A is the secondary tuner.

I am having similar issues - assuming the tuner(s) are working as I am picking up (ch. 7001 - PBS America) but little else? Any ideas - I've reconfigured tuners, removed and added sat feeds into different ports...no difference.. :(

zgemma h.s abm

20160607_185334.jpg20160607_185312.jpg20160607_185340.jpg20160607_185326.jpg

hi everyone im having issues with abm on my zgemma h.s.im getting timeout tuner lock failed.i have tried different images but to no avail.tuner works fine as its scanning channels.could it be a faulty box?

Last edited:
Hi guys, quick question about this, I have sucmnsee image on the box, but I'm getting the Timeout thing too... I only have one sat cable going in, is that a problem? Also, the box is only finding have the channels on 28.2 (none of the sly sports etc), and it is not the dish/lnb cos my old GM Triplex is finding all the channels?????

Back