Autobouquets scan crashing box

moxi1

So I've upgraded to the H.S2 from the S2, received it today, set it up an everytime I try an do an autobouquets scan, error code comes up and box restarts. I've had a dabble with some things to see if I can sort it, but no luck. Box continues to restart.

When scanning, it finds the 723 channels, then about 5-10 seconds later, error code and restart.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. I can post the error code if this helps.

An to add, using wooshbuild V2

Last edited:
have you set up a swap file on your new build. you could be running out of memory with heavy processes like abm scan.

---------- Post Merged at 05:55 PM ----------

and you also don't need to scan for freesat channels. That can cause you problems.

Yes to everything there KiddaC

I installed the build, made loads of changes to things, plugins, settings etc. Thought that maybe I'd removed something by mistake and that maybe that was causing the issue.

I reflashed with the original build and tried a scan, to no avail. Tis obviously an issue in the original build.

So anyways, I've gone with the autobouquets e2. I never did use e2 on my S2 because it was visibly slower, but through using it on my H.S2 it works like a dream. So probs gonna stick with that. Still rather annoying as to why autobouquets isn't working though, as I do prefer it to e2.

Last edited:
Abm is a bit more picky with tuners. What signal strength are you getting on a good fta like bbc and what strength on scrambled channels

I have 100% on fta (installed my own dish like), and on a standard sky 85-90%. my tuner configuration settings are exactly the same as I had them on my S2.

I reflashed with the original build and tried a scan, to no avail. Tis obviously an issue in the original build.

It was built on a H2S for the H2S using AB E2. ABM is there for H2H users who had issues pulling in their cable in. Oddly enough today I have swapped backwards and forwards between AB E2 and ABM without any issues. Also when H2H users swap to ABM they don't seem to have an issue either.

What steps do you take when you first flash with the image please? Maybe I can spot what is happening. I presume you are getting to step 3 but moving on to 3.1?

Last edited:
Sorry woosh I don't follow any of the instructions on images. Quite simply, extract the zip. Bang the zgemma folder on my fat 32, plug in to zgemma, flashes in a couple of mins, jobs a good 'un. Initialise my USB, convert to ext4 and then create swap.

I have previously used mtpockets build and just edited to my liking as I have with yours. The build is much appreciated Woosh, along with KiddaC's image.

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 PM ----------

image.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 08:49 PM ----------

Sorry a that's not totally clear, couldn't get a screenshot through openweb. So bad iPhone camera it is.

To be honest I can't really see that, but that is my eyes and not your photo.

I don't really see why you are having issues with ABM as I can bugger about all day long without a crash unless I delete the bouquets manually before scanning again.

Kiddac, can you see better than my eyes please?

As I say, even before changing am removing anything, it still doesn't work for me. I don't mind it not working, just very frustrating that I don't know why....

I like most on here have tried ripping the box apart to see what it's capable of, and learn from it. But somethings just blah me

Back