Autotimer record failing what is the alternative?

rmc86uk

Hi everyone

I can record when set up on standard timer but when I set up an autotimer the programmes don't record.

When I look at the autotimer history is says recording found, started recorded and recording ended but it doesn't appear in file the list.

I would like to do the following: -

Schedule to record Newsnight every weekday at 10.30pm on BBC2.

Schedule to record Escape to the Country every weekday and usually Saturdays on BBC1.

These are the only two programmes I would like to set as a scheduled timer.

I will appreciate any help as I have been struggling to get this working for a few month now since getting my zgemma.

Thanks in advance

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How are you setting your autotimers. Are you doing it through the epg (which can be buggy), or are you using the timers menu.
menu..timers...autotimers... The latter is more bullet proof.

Hi kiddac

I am using it through the EPG i.e Find the programme press record and select autotimer. I shall give the latter a try as per your instructions.

Thanks!

I always thought AutoTimers was just bad
must try the other way. See how it goes

epg just won't add anything or will add everything

It works through EPG as a one off recording fine but to set a rescheduled series it does not.

i know the autotimers is a bit flaky on the epg if you have 3rd party hacks installed like the sky tabs/coloured buttons.

If setting from the EPG highlight the program and press the red button rather than record button and then work through the settings for that recording. I've a few set up without a problem

Hi did not mean to hijack the post but i have the same problem.grog68 suggestion of pressing the red button instead of the record button does nothing only freezes and tgen you have to exit to go to the epg.thanks

If im doing a series record i just press the red button, then open up the openwebif interface on the PC and check and modify timers via the Extras > Autotimer that way. You can also simulate to check if its gonna work

Back