Back up image

Brucey89

Can you use usb that you use for timeshifting to back up to or do i need to use another one. Also do i back up settings as well as image.

yes you can use the same usb as long as there's space. its advisable to backup the settings so when you flash a new image you can use those settings to restore. I tend to copy off a full image backup to a separate usb in case it all goes a bit tits up !!

yes you can use the same usb as long as there's space. its advisable to backup the settings so when you flash a new image you can use those settings to restore. I tend to copy off a full image backup to a separate usb in case it all goes a bit tits up !!
Does that save ypur line details aswell?

I tend backup settings and then backup image, using network browser on computer I tend then to drag the backup image over to computer and just leave the settings backup on the USB stick.

I tend backup settings and then backup image, using network browser on computer I tend then to drag the backup image over to computer and just leave the settings backup on the USB stick.
How do set usb to back it up. It says add back up folder

Just create a .txt file called backup.txt (or what you want) add this to the usb, then make the image copy.

Back