Back Up Image

Hi all, I have 2 x Zgemma S2 boxes. One is newer than the other so has a newer image on it which I prefer. I have made a back up image on new box with image manager. My question is can i transfer this file through Filezilla to my old box then reflash from that like im just doing the restore option on my old box, or do I have to go through the long process of putting on usb stick, unzipping then reflashing from that. Thanks in advance

If the line details are the same just take a back up of the newer image and flash other box with it then set up Hdd

Brought box set up mate. Line details are the same i was just wondering if I could transfer from Box to Laptop with filezilla then transfer to other box with filezilla then click restore backup

Thanks

Brought box set up mate. Line details are the same i was just wondering if I could transfer from Box to Laptop with filezilla then transfer to other box with filezilla then click restore backup

Thanks

Surely you can do a backup onto a usb stick then plug in stick on other box and do a restore? You can restore straight from the zip file if box already has an image on it. Just put it in a folder called imagebackups.

Last edited:
long process of putting on usb stick, unzipping then reflashing from that. Thanks in advance

As that will take all of 5 minutes to do LOL it would take less time to boil a kettel

5 minutes?
Dont know where he got that from....its about 6 minutes, lol.
Honestly, got to agree - if you have a backup up image it will be installed before you can make a good cup of tea....

Thought it would take a lot longer never done it before so plz give us amateurs a bit of slack we all have to start somewhere. If i was to buy a new box that hasnt been flashed can I use the back up image i have saved onto usb stick from my other box

Thanks inbed79 yeah its the same type of box. Do i have to unzip the image and also rename folder. Also will i have to add anything i.e picons or just the Line

Last edited:
just unzip the folder (img) to usb stick no need to rename you will needd picons on your usb your line should be setup
on the img if it was on your old box when you done the backup img

Thanks for reply mate how will i add picons to usb wont they be saved in the image manager back up. If not i see sucmnsee has done a back up image will everything be on there including picons. and i just add line after

Back