Backup Image Help Please

rob250

Hi guys.

I have done a backup image of my fully setup 2s box by going to menu, setup, vix, backup manager, and press green for a new backup. My question is, I want to now use this backup to put on another box, is it as simple as putting the usb in and powering the box up?

Thanks.

What I do is ftp the backup to pc then open the zipfile inside that is the zgemma folder to flash with or yes you could probably do it your way buy going to backup manager on box and pressing restore

Is it not possible to flash a new box with the backup usb?

It is on OpenATV at least cos I did it the other day. My 2S was running slow so I reflashed it the standard way with the backup I had saved on my PC. Then when it was done I backed up the new install to the box's USB stick. Then I went through the restore image process and it worked perfect. No need to get out of my chair now, all done with the remote. ;)

Last edited:
Ok guys. I have just tryed flashing with a usb i put a backup on. It didnt work. Im sure im doing something wrong as my original flash image is in a folder called zgemma but the backup is not named zgemma?

Back