Bad plusnet , looking for good reliable BB provider

hi got my fibre up and running but when i do a speedtest , hardwired i get 37.5m dwnld but wireless i can only get 21m dwnld , does my wireless card in laptop have a maximum speed ?
if so can anyone point me in the right direction for a good fast wireless card (not a dongle ) that i can buy ?
thanx
ps
cant get back to answer till tomorrow, any info appreciated
thanx again

15720a15aca90be5f05fdef425807ddd.jpg
Im with Plusnet and have been for 5 years on fibre. I have never had any issues with them.
I find if I do a Speedtest on my laptop, it’s always half of the speed on my iPhone.
That test was 15 mins ago

Said it many many times in other forums
If you can get Virgin then get Virgin

There speeds are second to none but will admit customer service can be a hit and miss.

This image is from a test on my iPhone just now.
I’m on 100mb package and it never misses a beat
e594c8f60eddafb119f9dd1f70ab6cc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was with talk talk and left because of their customer service. Have been with Virgin for the past year and have had flawless fast service however they my offer ended and Bill has doubled.
Was looking to move to plusnet or voda as they are the cheapest.
One thing I will say about virgin is I got warned several times regarding torrents but talk talk never did.

I use plusnet, I get 54mbps download and 12 mbps upload, The hub one they give you is ok but I got myself the new BT smart hub 6 and just input my details onto that and internet is spot on now, customer service are ok but like a all providers they read from a script, and they get lost when you try and jump the list of questions they have to ask,lol

hi back again
i got my fibre BB active reinstalled windows 7.64bit.
my speedtest reads 37m dwnld 8m upload ping 34ms
my prob. is my browsers ...chrome/slimjet/firefox all hang and stutter when loading ( my copper 10meg was better)
I went to windows update and updated my windows , but it took me 1 hour to downlo0ad 800 meg ,doesnt seem right to me, do u think something is wrong with my fibre , why is it so slow to download updates (800m) ?
thanx

even youtube hangs for couple seconds when loading a video

hi back again
i got my fibre BB active reinstalled windows 7.64bit.
my speedtest reads 37m dwnld 8m upload ping 34ms
my prob. is my browsers ...chrome/slimjet/firefox all hang and stutter when loading ( my copper 10meg was better)
I went to windows update and updated my windows , but it took me 1 hour to downlo0ad 800 meg ,doesnt seem right to me, do u think something is wrong with my fibre , why is it so slow to download updates (800m) ?
thanx

even youtube hangs for couple seconds when loading a video
They say when you upgrade you have to give it ten days to establish a good connection if it's still same after 10 days get intouch or you can go into router settings and change channel and run a speed test after keep repeating process

hi thanx, it got active on 25th jan ,i have changed channel to 9 and 11 speedtest is always ok but browsing is crap/stuttery and as said youtube buffers

ive even reformatted and installed w7/64bit still same

I would ring them tomoz mate youve had it in 10 days so should've settled
thats what i thought, but didnt want look a fool if its my fault, thats why im trying everything b4 i call them
thanx
do u know anything about QOS in the network adapter setting ? ( i turned it off then onn ) same results
do u think that could cause it ?
cheers

Just got this off Google Quality of Service (QoS) refers to the capability of a network to provide better service to selected networktraffic over various technologies, including Frame Relay, Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Ethernet and 802.1 networks, SONET, and IP-routednetworks that may use any or all of these underlying technologies but if you type it in might give you more information on whether it can or not

vodafone are awesome for me upto now... offered 56mb getting 90% of the time 75mb.... sky said i couldn't get more than 30mb and all day long with sky it never went above 18mb. vodafone call centres are english speaking and been good to deal with aswell

Just got this off Google Quality of Service (QoS) refers to the capability of a network to provide better service to selected networktraffic over various technologies, including Frame Relay, Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Ethernet and 802.1 networks, SONET, and IP-routednetworks that may use any or all of these underlying technologies but if you type it in might give you more information on whether it can or not

cheers m8, i did google it but got a bit confused , i thought i should turn it off but not 100% sure

would my ping latencey cause this ? do u know what the return ping should be
thanx

Back