Bad Sportsmanship

thekiddy

Something has just caught my eye and it's the number of members that only post about starview with negativity. Although these members have a large number (more than 50) of posts in reference to there sexual frustration about the starview team, but they have no other posts at all! Hmmm

Or they have large number of negative posts about starview and then post support in the kv section!!

Very peculiar this is! Is this bad sportsmanship!

Although this trend iv noticed across the forums and I find when even other REAL members post negativity about they get deleted!

Are there brown paper bags going around or is it Murdock? jesus has he got his fingers in that pie too!? Defo some corruption happening good job some of us have more respect for our selves that to play that game!

Last edited:
thekiddy i think you should have posted this in the Rant Room section.

i dont know what to say really, maybe there alot of users that have starview boxes already.

Brown paper bag full of money! And the Murdock is a reference to corruption and how money obviously causes corruption!

Are there brown paper bags going around

My particular interest was in the "Going around" aspect of your comment.

The fact that it was on this forum you posted it, could imply you were referring to Techkings?

I'll ask you again to clarify where exactly you were referring to when you said "Going around"?

No reference to tk at all Although tk is where it most certainly happens the least! But there is a group that do specifically target starview but the likeliness of it being the same people on other forums is highly probable!

although I can say on tk post and threads don't get deleted!

I only had the chance to post it on here but I will post it on others when I get the opportunity!

"Oh and by the way the brown paper bag does not contain money it contains box's that can be converted to cash for services and cards, thus these people have a keen interest in there involvement and investment in these competitors, this is the basic essence behind the bad sportsmanship"

FACT

Simply look at the Sv threads on multiple forums and the persons generally posting negative posts in high volumes are members involved

i may be one of those involved,i grew up with starview 1 and other boxes,some boxes needed changing every few years,it has now got me worried what may lie ahead with the new payview boxes,even when irl had the s1rver for a short time it was the lan connection that could be traced easily,then it was time to stop,it is the newbie that buys a box and does not know how things work and/or what risks what lie ahead .i feel its like a red flag to a bull as something may be targeted.
i have moved away from cable long ago but i read the thousands of posts for info the ups and downs of cable boxes and things have moved in a new direction.only time will tell what the future of cable will be.

I had a replay lite and a starview 1 (clone, Ibelieve) in the good old days when you could plug it in and then just keep up with the free firmware. Now I undedrstand that there are costs with the new server/lan way of getting channels and understand that the user has to pay for the pleasure, but I think the frustration is obviously because people were sold boxes with 12 months subscription, but didn't get it.
this frustration arises because they can look over the fence and see Kryptview users getting along just dandy. If half of the problems are actually happening (freezing, channels missing, etc) are completely true, I gotta say, I think I would be frustrated too.

No reference to tk at all Although tk is where it most certainly happens the least! But there is a group that do specifically target starview but the likeliness of it being the same people on other forums is highly probable!

although I can say on tk post and threads don't get deleted!

I only had the chance to post it on here but I will post it on others when I get the opportunity!

"Oh and by the way the brown paper bag does not contain money it contains box's that can be converted to cash for services and cards, thus these people have a keen interest in there involvement and investment in these competitors, this is the basic essence behind the bad sportsmanship"

FACT

Simply look at the Sv threads on multiple forums and the persons generally posting negative posts in high volumes are members involved

I personally seldom post about the sv but if TK is where it happens the least then why have you started this thread here?,

Common sense would have me posting this on the forums that do this most would it not?,

Also the part where you say tk doesn't delete posts or threads, is that a dig?, what would you like tk to do, delete everything that puts people off the sv and leave all the pro sv threads posts only?,

if that is the case then you live on another planet, a forum is for people to give both views, whether bad or good. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it should be deleted.

I personally seldom post about the sv but if TK is where it happens the least then why have you started this thread here?,

Common sense would have me posting this on the forums that do this most would it not?,

Also the part where you say tk doesn't delete posts or threads, is that a dig?, what would you like tk to do, delete everything that puts people off the sv and leave all the pro sv threads posts only?,

if that is the case then you live on another planet, a forum is for people to give both views, whether bad or good. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it should be deleted.

No what I'm saying is that other negative threads get deleted although we appreciate the negative criticism as this can only benefit us to strive and improve from negativity although the matter of the fact is throughout the forums there is bad sportsman ship at play! Ie when I posted about the 2 recent legit ire raids they where both instantly deleted!! Like you said the purpose of the forums is to inform and educate although it seems quite political!

HI even though i'm fairly new member i have read some of the negatives comment on this site and i'm in agreement with thekiddy we don't need to be posting negative stuff but useful and helpful material and if there is a problem that they air the problems so that a more experience member can be of help and give pasitive feedback hope this makes sense

kiddy we appreciate what you are doing, at any given time you could have just turned around and told everyone to get on their bike and find help elsewhere. Some of the criticism isn't fair on you. Alot of people are saying things in the heat of the moment, they should cool down and post.

i think starviews are great i dont mind paying £40 a year at all i just wish they could keep to there time scales, was told 24-48 hours to be connected and been over 60 hours now and still nothing which i find more irritating more than anything but they do a good job and they get a lot of negitivity for the good work they do

Back