BAD UPDATE: ATV6.2 (H7c)

BeakyFord

TK Veteran
Today I went to perform a software update on my Zgemma H7c, 43 updates found & updated...however on reboot the system is now in a boot cycle (50-100) & only displays the Open ATV6.2 logo. No response from the remote to box :(

I am able to FTP into the box & am currently lifting my latest backup to PC with a view to reflashing/restoring to how it was before I updated (IF you havnt made a backup you will need to flash from scratch so I recommend making a backup before you update software just incase your box borks up like mine has).

As yet I havnt looked at any other receivers to see IF the its an ATV6.2 update issue or a problem with the H7 but I wanted to put this out there to warn anyone who has ATV6.2 to make a backup before updating as it will save you a lot of hassle setting back up!

Last edited:
Performed a software update (66) earlier this morning without any issues using ATV 6.2 on my Edision mini

thank you for the Edision info so the issue may be specific to Zgemma & or just the H7.
I was going to look at my Esision Mini & Nino next...after I have the H7 up & running, any of our TK teckie regulars want to check on other Zgemma models to the H7?

i had no updates to day on h7c on 6.2
but over the last while there has been some kernels that needed updating and they can cause problems

thanks silver, with the Edisions updating ok I would tend to agree its probably a kernel change on the Zgemma's, Im currently doing the USB prep thing so I can flash my backup.

Last edited:
If I see kernels I make a quick backup then do it

But any of the kernel I had didn’t cause any problems
But I update my box everyday if I can

Zgemma h7s wont boot after 64 updates
Vu+duo2 boots fine after update
Just flashed latest openatv 6.2 from 21st and it does not boot up lol

Last edited:
Updated my H7C first thing this morning. Same thing. Boot loop 50 - 100. Really annoying. Re-flashing now.

How do u flash a backup image on the h7s as only see flash for a second then it's boots up without doing the backup flash image

OpenATV 6.2 from 21/08 will not work. You will have to use the one from 20/08 to flash box. This works fine.
you Sir just saved me time & effort, have my H7C restored via my backup & all is good but Ive trying to build an image from scratch using 21.08 firmware & getting nowhere, used 20.08 firmware & bosh it flashed as it should (thought it was my USB's at fault), I would have tried an earlier firmware eventually but you saved a lot of head scratching :)

you Sir just saved me time & effort, have my H7C restored via my backup & all is good but Ive trying to build an image from scratch using 21.08 firmware & getting nowhere, used 20.08 firmware & bosh it flashed as it should (thought it was my USB's at fault), I would have tried an earlier firmware eventually but you saved a lot of head scratching :)
Happy to have helped

having flashed my H7 with yesterdays firmware & restored all settings/plugins I checked for updates (65 of them), none were kernel updates but once installed the box has again got stuck in a boot loop :(
Im going to restore it again then leave it alone for a few days before updating firmware & trying updates again, best advice if you have a H7 is dont update it at the moment!

Last edited:
Noticed last week the red indicator was
Displayed There was 63 updates The
Next day it was green Then updated
Ok

Just checked for updates on a H2s with a new/fresh build made last week, found 11 updates, none are kernel updates, installed & rebooted without issue. I dont have any more H2 systems with older firmware to test but it is now looking as though the only boxes effected are the Zgemma H7 models!!!

Last edited:
I've flashed my VU+ Uno 4k with atv 6.2 21-08 nightly so that would show it's not an issue with ARM/4k boxes in general.

I have a h2h here somewhere so will update that shortly and see how it goes.

UPDATE : I just did an software update on H2H, it was flashed last week but had 78 updates today and it all went fine.

Last edited:
Back