BAD UPDATE: ATV6.2 (H7c)

So what do we know so far: its not a problem accross the board as Edision's, VU's & most Zgemma's update fine, its not an ARM/4k box specific issue.

The only boxes we currently know have a problem updating are the Zgemma H7 models & possibly the Extrend 8500 but the list may grow as more people update their boxes. I still have no idea which part of the update is causing the boot loop'ing... whatever it is the fix is simple enough... flash with a base image then load your most recent backup

IF you havnt managed to sort this yet, download & flash with base 20.8 firmware via USB then using remote navigate to your backup & flash from your newest backup to get it back as you had it before updating or follow grog68 advice below:-

http://www.techkings.org/threads/atv-6-2.142316/#post-893122
Thanks mate unfortunately I done a full backup image and not a setting backup lol
Box won't flash with the backup image
Backup image only has 3 files where as the original image has 5 files
So had to setup everything again and I've now done a setting backup so hopefully that will work next time.

once you had the base firmware installed you could have navigated to your fullbackup & flashed from that: blue button, flash online/local, blue for local, yellow for Devices, select usb or hdd by name, select fullbackups, select newest date, open zgemma folder, open h7 folder, hightlight kernel.bin & press green to start the flash. to make a bootable backup is as you have said a little different & has 5 files but as long as your sorted its not important.

once you had the base firmware installed you could have navigated to your fullbackup & flashed from that: blue button, flash online/local, blue for local, yellow for Devices, select usb or hdd by name, select fullbackups, select newest date, open zgemma folder, open h7 folder, hightlight kernel.bin & press green to start the flash. to make a bootable backup is as you have said a little different & has 5 files but as long as your sorted its not important.
Yeah did try that but it just sits there with the kernel.bin and box is frozen so have to power it off

Last nights update seems to have resolved issue. There were 68 updates this morning which installed without any issues.

So what do we know so far: its not a problem accross the board as Edision's, VU's & most Zgemma's update fine, its not an ARM/4k box specific issue.

The only boxes we currently know have a problem updating are the Zgemma H7 models & possibly the Extrend 8500 but the list may grow as more people update their boxes. I still have no idea which part of the update is causing the boot loop'ing... whatever it is the fix is simple enough... flash with a base image then load your most recent backup
also h9s today obviously do not update open atv on zgemmas at the moment

updated H7c yesterday without issues :(y):
looks like the bad update has been removed
(thread can be deleted)

Last edited:
Back