Baffling Issue

RoverTheDog

Hi, I've been using SmartIPTV for a few years now. Its been ok mostly. But last week my IPTV wouldnt load any channels. It came up "Connecting..", then "Connect Failed!". Ok, I thought, the provider is doing maint again or something. I contacted and got no reply as usual, so after 5 days I thought maybe my sub had ran out. I contacted another supplier but that new line too did exactly the same thing. "Connecting..", then "Connect Failed".

Ok, I thought my IPS has put a block on. So I tried to use my phone 4G data....still the same. Then my EE Dongle...still the same!!

So, I thought it must be the app itself on the TV. So I uninstalled, and reinstalled it. Still the same. Ok, maybe the TV then!?? I tried my firestick with SmartIPTV...and that was exactly the same too. Both SmartIPTV apps (On TV & Firestick) are registed and activated.

If its not the device, and not the internet, and the provider sub is good...wtf!?

My conclusion is either the app/site itself is now broke, or both subs were bad. I can think of no reasonable explaination.

If anyone has any ideas, or has a test line I can use for a few mins to check I would be happy.

Thanks
Rov

Hi, I've been using SmartIPTV for a few years now. Its been ok mostly. But last week my IPTV wouldnt load any channels. It came up "Connecting..", then "Connect Failed!". Ok, I thought, the provider is doing maint again or something. I contacted and got no reply as usual, so after 5 days I thought maybe my sub had ran out. I contacted another supplier but that new line too did exactly the same thing. "Connecting..", then "Connect Failed".

Ok, I thought my IPS has put a block on. So I tried to use my phone 4G data....still the same. Then my EE Dongle...still the same!!

So, I thought it must be the app itself on the TV. So I uninstalled, and reinstalled it. Still the same. Ok, maybe the TV then!?? I tried my firestick with SmartIPTV...and that was exactly the same too. Both SmartIPTV apps (On TV & Firestick) are registed and activated.

If its not the device, and not the internet, and the provider sub is good...wtf!?

My conclusion is either the app/site itself is now broke, or both subs were bad. I can think of no reasonable explaination.

If anyone has any ideas, or has a test line I can use for a few mins to check I would be happy.

Thanks
Rov
Could be provider shut up shop and done a runner if you've counted them and got no reply after 5 days says alot about the provider try rebooting router and device you can get a test line from here http://www.techkings.org/threads/an...-october-november-december-2018.143396/unread

Could be provider shut up shop and done a runner if you've counted them and got no reply after 5 days says alot about the provider try rebooting router and device
That was my intial thought. But after testing a new providers line and the result was the same, I have my doubs about it being a sub issue. I tried rebooting router etc, even got a new router set up today incase it was that.

That was my intial thought. But after testing a new providers line and the result was the same, I have my doubs about it being a sub issue. I tried rebooting router etc, even got a new router set up today incase it was that.
Try sideloading a different app on to your firestick like smarters iptv app to see if it's a fault with the app

Try sideloading a different app on to your firestick like smarters iptv app to see if it's a fault with the app
I might be forced to try that. Im not looking forward to it though, I prefer to stick with what I know. For now I am waiting on another testline. If that fails too, I guess I will have to switch from SmartIPTV

“STBEMU” is good, so is “smarters” as baz suggested.
Both work well on the firestick it is all down to which you like

It’s odd how smart iptv doesn’t work for you, seems fine on my firestick

I can confirm its not a sub issue. Thats 4 that do the same "connect failed!"
Try a different app mate smarters is good stb emu good imitates a mag box just download adb link to a pc and download the apk for which ever app you want and send it that way or get one off Google play store if using android phone download apps to fire from play store and send it to firestick that way

I really wanted an app on the TV because thats connected via ethernet and my internet aint fast. So firestick over wifi aint ideal. However, I have installed STB EMU and it connects....so why in the name of hell didnt SmartIPTV on the TV or Firestick. Mental.

I really wanted an app on the TV because thats connected via ethernet and my internet aint fast. So firestick over wifi aint ideal. However, I have installed STB EMU and it connects....so why in the name of hell didnt SmartIPTV on the TV or Firestick. Mental.
Is smart iptv where you have to pay for it after 7 days as its a trial for a week you can buy an adaptor for firestick which let's it run ethanet

Is smart iptv where you have to pay for it after 7 days as its a trial for a week you can buy an adaptor for firestick which let's it run ethanet
Yes, I had to pay to activate SmartIPTV twice after the 7 day trial. Once on the Smart TV, and once on the Firestick. I never knew about the firestick ethernet adapter, thanks for the heads up!

Yes, I had to pay to activate SmartIPTV twice after the 7 day trial. Once on the Smart TV, and once on the Firestick. I never knew about the firestick ethernet adapter, thanks for the heads up!
£13 quid on amazon mate I didn't know about them till it got mentioned on forum

Back