basic box which to buy

leec32

hi guys

just after some advice

i have kodi boxes all over the house and also sky subscription and multi room but i am looking at getting a sat box mainly for sport

i have been advised to get a zgemma but i have since looked at the sticky here on which boxes and there are that many its confused me a little with all the different types and different firmware

if i was to buy a v8 box and buy a good subscription line would that be sufficient for sport and also normal sky channels for the kids as i plan to put them in the kids bedrooms eventually as they are a bit to young to work kodi but they are fine with the sky box
i have no intention of cancelling sky in the main room and im ok for movies with kodi

so my dilemma now is which box to buy for my first one because i would probably stick with that one when i finally get around to upgrading the kids rooms obviously i don't want to spend a fortune

any suggestions please v8 zgemma or pay a little bit more .... etc ?

thanks in advance

Hiya,

If you just want a box for sports and your not intrested in all the features like pause/rewind live TV, record 1 channel while watching another etc etc then take a look at this thread: http://www.techkings.org/openbox-satellite/89509-v8-golden-onwards-v8-pro.html and contact The Reaper for a box, its also good enough for the kids to watch cartoons in their bedroom.

You will need a sat feed for each box in each room and a internet connection too for the line so look at homeplugs rather than Wi-Fi

An Openbox V8S would be more than sufficient for what you want.
Send a pm to The Reaper on here, he is all knowledgeable on these boxes and will probably be able to supply you with one.

Kieron

thanks for that
do you know if it has the same firmware/interface similar to sky so the kids understand it

thanks for that
do you know if it has the same firmware/interface similar to sky so the kids understand it

No they don't, if you want that feature you need an Enigma 2 box like the zgemma and so are looking at £70+, the openboxes are very basic and cheap, about £25-40 but do the job to show a TV channel.

ok thanks again
sorry for all the questions but im not familiar with sat boxes but if i was to get a good subscription are the sports channels good compared to kodi
every stream on kodi buffers for me on live streams even the low quality streams i get a lot of buffer
am i correct in thinking with the sat boxes the streams are coming via the dish and not reliant on internet connection

Your picture and sound will come from the dish but your "line" comes down the internet, you will need to ask for a line in the correct section on this forum when you are ready and test some providers, if your sports mad then I suggest you test service on a Saturday, this will give you a good idea of what the line quality is like.

Also some providers offer sports PPV events and some don't so you need to make sure any provider you test offers all the channels you want and they should offer you these channels on the test too

thanks for the advice much appreciated

---------- Post Merged at 05:02 PM ----------

sorry i should of asked this but forgot

how much roughly for a good line should i be paying
trying to work out if it would be worth it for me before i go ahead and by a box

thanks

How much should be paying? Thats not a question anyone can answer, line prices range but its about's what you can afford and what a good line on your setup costs. I don't pay too much per year with my provider, more than £25 a year but less than £45 lol

How much should be paying? Thats not a question anyone can answer, line prices range but its about's what you can afford and what a good line on your setup costs. I don't pay too much per year with my provider, more than £25 a year but less than £45 lol

lol that is close enough for me
cheers

Back