Basic zgemma info?

nuts00

I currently have the skybox f5s, which for me, dies the job. But my old man wants something as similar, but I need it to be a little self sufficient in terms of channel list updates. This leads me to the zgemma. im sttuggling to find some info, amongst what seems to be quite a complex setup.

What is the difference between the 2s and h1?

I have an understanding of the skybox - insert provider line, update channel list and get firmware from skybox.cc.

Does anyone have any links for these things? Will my current provider work on a different box?

Is the zgemma essentially the same?

In terms of 3d ready claims, what does this mean? Sky 3d channel isn't even accessible.

H1 = 1xsat 1xcable tuner 2s = 2xsat

The channel list updates automatically so no need to download lists

Your current line will go.straight on the box via.
Cccam.cfg or mgcamd

Mtpockets.and sucmnsee both do.images.for.this.box with instructions so it's very easy to setup

I don't use 3d so I don't know about that

Ok, Lets see what i can answer;

The Zgemma Star is a linux based box and has a better "brain" than any skybox or open box, it has LOTS of settings but this isn't something to be overwhelmed about, just head to the downloads section and download either:

MTPOCKETS or SUCMNSEE image, flash this to the box and the settings are pretty much already done for you, their firmwares are pretty much a clone of their working box setup (Auto update channel lists etc). So everything has been done for you except all you need to do is enter the line info which also isn't difficult but can be fiddly getting the corresponding config files.

The difference between the STAR 2S and H1 is that the:

2S is a twin SKY tuner (Can use two feeds from a sky dish so you can record a channel whilst watching another, and this is what you want when using a SKY dish!

H1 is a single SKY tuner and a single CABLE tuner, so can use it as a single SKY tuner or single CABLE tuner.

It is possible if you have your subscription details to copy them onto a new box, but remember you cannot use it on more than one box and doing so will usually result in the provider cancelling your subscription, some providers do offer multi room so you can use more than once on the same IP address.

They do state it is 3D ready but you cannot receive the 3D channel..... So no idea on this one haha

Back