BBC IPlayer on IPTV buffering loading

WhatBox

so all of the apps on zgemma IPTV work the way they should. buffering while the video is playing. then i go to bbc iplayer on the iptv player plugin and its a different video codec. a loading circle shows and i have to wait until the stream loads but when it plays its stop start. i dont know if the zgemma box isnt powerful enough or if the iptv player is using an old buffering software for that codec? like i said all the other iptv apps work with no freezing and they buffer like normal. does anyone else have this problem?

so all of the apps on zgemma IPTV work the way they should. buffering while the video is playing. then i go to bbc iplayer on the iptv player plugin and its a different video codec. a loading circle shows and i have to wait until the stream loads but when it plays its stop start. i dont know if the zgemma box isnt powerful enough or if the iptv player is using an old buffering software for that codec? like i said all the other iptv apps work with no freezing and they buffer like normal. does anyone else have this problem?
Try pausing it for a minute or 2 the e2iplayer is designed for zgemma boxes mate so nothing to do with the box it's self mate

No future updates for thr e2iplayer and the codec software used might be causing the buffering as the bbc use a newer version.

Try pausing it for a minute or 2 the e2iplayer is designed for zgemma boxes mate so nothing to do with the box it's self mate
when all the other apps work with no pausing in full hd. the video loads. what makes the bbc iplayer stream need extra loading time? and after waiting and pressing play the video still stutters

No future updates for thr e2iplayer and the codec software used might be causing the buffering as the bbc use a newer version.
what is the best way to play bbc iplayer on a zgemma? still iptv player or a different iptv player? does anyone else here have a wooshbuild infinity box with iptv player and the bbc app freezing?

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the best way to play bbc iplayer on a zgemma? still iptv player or a different iptv player? does anyone else here have a wooshbuild infinity box with iptv player and the bbc app freezing?
Will be same which ever image mate I should imagine

BBC iplayer even buffers on fully supported devices at times but you would be better off looking at a device with a faster processor to stream i players.Fire stick/android box ect ect.

A lot of content on the bbc iplayer is now in 4k and the chipsets in a lot of the enigma2 boxes cannot run 4k unlike the newer boxes around,

A lot of content on the bbc iplayer is now in 4k and the chipsets in a lot of the enigma2 boxes cannot run 4k unlike the newer boxes around,
this was happening even when selecting a 720p stream from bbc iplayer. the one thing i noticed was the video codec was different to the other apps. i think most of them use .mp4. but iplayer used a different buffering software too. if i must purchase another additional device then what is the point in having a set top box? is the box incapable of playing bbc iplayer? can the buffering software be updated? what makes a fire stick more powerful than an open box?

does this mean the links for apps on the enigma iptv player will stop working? i did notice that it stopped updating in november so this must be why. do you know if there are any plans for a new iptv app or is everyone still using this app for now?

does this mean the links for apps on the enigma iptv player will stop working? i did notice that it stopped updating in november so this must be why. do you know if there are any plans for a new iptv app or is everyone still using this app for now?
Eventually may stop working no one knows at present the the future holds for the e2iplayer

Yes all links will stop eventually if no updates are done,There are other options about though,Got a mate on another forum looking at creating a similar plugin or we may make some updates to the e2iplayer but i do have access to the updated versions so will see what happens in the new year.

Update on E2iPlayer

Yes all links will stop eventually if no updates are done,There are other options about though,Got a mate on another forum looking at creating a similar plugin or we may make some updates to the e2iplayer but i do have access to the updated versions so will see what happens in the new year.

Update on E2iPlayer
all sounds positive and new software is always welcomed especially when it runs smooth

Update on E2iPlayer
put yourself a donation link and no doubt if the app is working you will get a donation from me!

All comes down to how much time we have available as it is a lot of under taking with all the testing involved but a good few lads helping out as with all the wooshbuilds,Those lads are always on top of the game constantly looking to improve things so people can enjoy it and all for free. :(y)::(y)::(y):

Back