BBC4 HD & SS4 HD no connection

sparkhead

Hello all.
I've got a miraclebox premium twin + plus box, all seems to be working great but for some reason I can't get BBC4 HD and SS4 HD ?

Ive set the correct area and Net ID and get nearly every channel that VM provide, missing some others but not fussed about them.
They show up but they both show 0% SNR

I saw someome say that BBC3HD (now closed) ,BBC4HD & SS4HD use the same TP, erm whats a TP ??

Is this an easy fix or is it something I'm just going to have to put up with ?

Thanks in advance

D'oh, slaps forehead

Everytime I try, day or night, it just shows 0% SNR with no picture and sound.
SS4HD is a 24 hr channel and during the Olympics BBC4HD has been on during the day.
BBC4SD works fine and SS4SD works but is a bit patchy.

Could it be that VM just has lower signal transmition on this TP ?? Don't think I could ring them up and say turn it up lol

I would try a different Net ID, are you using the same one
from your official VM box ?

Or did you use the list on here ?

Tried the cable direct without the splitter I bought, no difference.
Got the correct netid for my area.
In the middle of the street and was one of the first in the street to have cable connected when it was put in the the street.

---------- Post Merged at 03:54 PM ----------

using ID from my box

---------- Post Merged at 04:00 PM ----------

Back in the old Telewest days I was connected to somewhere else.
Should I try and track that ID down and use that 1 ??

I'm not clued up with these boxes but do you use autobouquets with it? can you try a manual scan with your symbol rate and frequency, then goto the last scanned and see if you can then add to bouquets.
I say this as my sister uses Amiko and a blind scan can bring in 2 or 3 odf the same channel, generally only 1 will be of sound quality, just a thought

If you got your net id from your official box then it's likely to be the correct one.

I just mentioned it because I am in Liverpool and there are a few Net Ids for different areas in Liverpool
but they don't bring in all the channels, I use Manchester 3.

Weird as it may sound but a few areas dotted around the country have to do similar.

Ahhh Bees.
I used to be connected to knowsley in the TW days but now Southport has its own ID
I may have a look at this.
Oh and cheers for your tutorial, helped me out loads :-)

Well ...
I've done a manual tune and got over 500 channels but no BBC4HD or SS4HD.
That would make me think either there is a tuner card fault with my box or there is a cable fault outside the house ?? I would think its the box rather than the line outside as the TiVo box gets BBC4HD fine.

I take it your NetID gives you the channels for your area ? Liverpool ID gave me Bay TV but it wasn't on my orginal ID.
I also see Sky Sports Mix is there but not viewable, take it VM control when you can see that, oh and hope the server lets you ?

Thanks for all your help, if I have any other updates I'll let you know

Back